Chapter 2

Jimin woke up with a jolt the next morning when the alarm on his phone started ringing. He noticed that he was particularly warm that morning when his apartment was usually either freezing cold or burning hot. Since it was still technically winter, it was surprising to think that he wasn't cold.

As much as he wanted to stay in his warm bed, he also had to get to work as fast as he could. He rushed out of his bed and faced the cold. He put on his slipper and rushed to turn off the alarm, not even noticing the bunny hybrid that was still snuggled in his bed.

When he finally turned off his loud ass alarm, he went back to his room to pick out some clothes to wear for the day. He was surprised to see that a bunny hybrid was sleeping on his bed so soundly, as if his loud ass alarm didn't go off at all.

He put on his clothes and used a couple seconds to observe the bunny hybrid's features. He had big, round eyes just like bunnies do. Small, dainty lips and a nose that you would want to boop. His droopy bunny ears just added to his irresistable charm. To him, the hybrid was undoubtedly one of the most handsome hybrids he's seen. Jimin couldn't help but want to keep the hybrid all to himself.

Suddenly, the hybrid opened his eyes slowly and yawned softly, making Jimin coo. Subconciously, he booped the hybrid's nose, startling the hybrid. Jimin snapped out of his daydream-like state along with the hybrid and started to apologize profusely. "I'm so sorry! I acted on impulse."

Jimin thought that the hybrid would be angry at him, but instead the hybrid just pulled him into a hug. It took him a few seconds to realize that the hybrid was naked. It took him another few seconds to freak out about it.

He broke out of the hybrid's embrace, causing the cute bunny hybrid to whine. "Sorry, I just need to find some clothes for you. Thank god I like oversized casual wear. You seem to be a bit taller than me." Jimin observed, making the hybrid chuckle quietly. "You seem pretty short if you ask me." The hybrid teased the shorter, making the other pout.

"Hmph. Well here's your new clothes, I'm gonna go prepare breakfast for the two of us now." Jimin spoke briefly to the hybrid, walking out the room to make some heat up the fried rice from the day before. The hybrid quickly put on his clothes before joining Jimin in the kitchen.

The hybrid watched Jimin patiently as he waited for the food to heat up in the microwave. Once it was properly heated and ready to eat, Jimin handed him a pair of chopsticks and they both dug in. They started to talk to each other briefly too. Jimin felt like they already had some sort of bond despite barely knowing each other.

"Have you heard of the hybrid that ended the discrimination against hybrids two millenniums ago? He was a bunny hybrid just like you." Jimin asked. He was one of those people who were very interested in hybrids, but didn't dare to fetisize them. He didn't like the concept of treating hybrids as a sex object.

The hybrid took a moment before answering. "His name is Jeon Jungkook. He's actually still alive to this day. I heard he's looking for his soulmate nowadays." The hybrid answered back, making Jimin frown. "You're lying right? How could a hybrid possibly live for over 2000 years? That just isn't possible."

The bunny hybrid just shrugged and continued eating. "It's your choice whether you want to believe me or not. The reason is actually quite simple. He's an immortal hybrid, but he's cursed." The hybrid replied back while he continued eating, making Jimin even more intrigued concerning the topic.

"What do you mean he's immortal and cursed? How could someone curse him when he's done so much good for all the hybrids? Besides, what is the curse?" Jimin asked curiously, expecting the bunny hybrid to be speechless. Instead, he was the one who ended up speechless at the hybrid's words.

"The gods blessed him with immortality on one condition. He has to search endlessly for his soulmate to prevent his soulmate from dying a tragic death. If he can successfully prevent his soulmate's death, both him and his soulmate will be immortal together for eternity. If he fails, his immortality will be taken back and he'll die." Jungkook explained casually, continuing to stuff himself with the fried rice.

"How could you talk about it so casually? That's so sad though. You're acting as if this tragic curse is something to be taken lightly. Do you think he's still searching to this day?" Jimin asked, picking at his side of the food. He leaned on his arm and started taking small bites.

"No, he stopped searching yesterday." The hybrid replied, feeding Jimin some of the rice when he finished eating his part of it. "Hm? Who do you think his soulmate is?" Jimin wondered out loud, continuing to chew on his food.

"Park Jimin." The hybrid spoke casually, continuing to feed Jimin casually. "Huh? Me? I thought he would've ended up with someone better instead of me. I can barely take care of myself, so what would I do if he finds me?" Jimin asked lazily, still eating his food.

"Nah, I wouldn't have wanted a better soulmate." The hybrid accidently said out loud, making Jimin's eyes widen. "Wait, you're Jeon Jungkook?" He gasped, almost choking on his food. The hybrid simply nodded, handing Jimin a glass of water.

Jimin gulped down the water and slammed the cup on the table dramatically. "You're telling me that we're soulmates?!" Jimin yelled loudly. Jungkook just calmly nodded before offering Jimin another bite of the fried rice. By then, Jimin was internally and externally panicking.

"How could I be soulmates with the worlds most famous hybrid? The one who changed the entire world by gathering all the hybrids together? How could I ever compare to that?!" Jimin talked to himself, panicking not so quietly. "You don't have to be that good to be known as mine. I'll like you whether you're good or bad. Whether you're poor or rich. It doesn't matter to me."

"You might not think so, but I feel so useless when it comes to contributing to society unlike you. You changed the entire world before you even turned thirty. I'm in my mid-twenties and I'm still barely getting by. If word got out, don't you think people will be disappointed?" Jimin asked Jungkook in the middle of his breakdown.

"Why should it matter to me if people are disappointed in you? It's not like you belong to them. You belong to me, so it's up to me whether I choose to like you or not. In this case, I chose to like you, so stop freaking out and belittling yourself. You're better than you think." Jungkook reasoned, leaning closer to Jimin.

Jungkook watched as Jimin slowly closed his eyes. Just as he was about to close the space between them, Jimin's phone rang and ruined the entire mood. Jungkook growled angrily at the phone and backed away from Jimin. He watched as Jimin rushed out the door and went to work, leaving him alone in the house.

"Next time, that phone definitely won't ring."