Chapter 10

As promised, Jungkook came home that afternoon around 2pm. He cheered as he stepped inside his home, but stopped once he realized that Jimin was crying. The bunny hybrid walked inside the living room and took off his shoes before sitting on the couch beside his crying soulmate. He watched as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Hey Jimin, what's wrong?" He asked, clearly concerned. Jimin simply sniffled, turning away from Jungkook. He didn't want to face the bunny hybrid. Jimin couldn't believe that Jungkook would hide something so important to him. Frantic, Jungkook started freaking out. "Jimin! Why won't you talk to me?"

They kept going at it for about half an hour before Jimin said something that made Jungkook's blood run cold. "Jung Jaehyun. Where did he truly go?" Jimin asked, turning towards Jungkook. Jungkook could see the seriousness in his eyes. It was proof that he couldn't just make up some excuse and expect to get away with it anymore. He had to tell the truth or it was over.

"He went to a place that no human should set foot in." Jungkook said quickly, not meeting Jimin's eyes. He felt too ashamed to actually meet Jimin's eyes. How could he when he was planning to hide everything from him, including the disappearance of his best friend? "Look me straight in the eye and give me a proper explaination, Jungkook." Jimin demanded.

Jungkook hesitantly turned his head to look at Jimin straight in the eye. He wanted to turn away, but he stopped himself. "Jung Jaehyun is stuck in a cult where he is forced to do things that no human should ever do." Jungkook briefly explained, not wanting to give Jimin too much detail. He knew that the more he said, the more broken Jimin would be. He didn't want that.

"You're saying that my best friend followed a hybrid into a cult willingly because he fell in love?" Jimin asked in disbelief, almost laughing. Jungkook didn't reply. He just let Jimin rant. "So you're telling me, my best friend Jung Jaehyun, the one who got the top grades, the person who was the best at everything, stupidly followed a hybrid into a cult because he fell in love?"

Jungkook paused before he replied, choosing his words carefully. "Love can make people do crazy things, Jimin. Jaehyun was no different." Jungkook replied, making Jimin scoff. By now, Jimin had stopped crying. Now, his veins were full of only one emotion: rage.

"How could my best friend fall for a stupid emotion so easily?" Jimin wondered out loud. He knew fully well how crazy love could be, but he was still shocked by the news. "To be honest, you could turn me into a monster if you really wanted to. You easily could, and I would listen to your every order because of one reason: love." Jungkook admitted.

"How can you love me when you barely even know me? We've only known each other for about a month. Yeah, we've shared a lot of conversations but not a lot of personal ones. My entire past and upbringing is a complete mystery to you." Jimin reasoned, causing Jungkook to sigh. "You do know that you don't have to necessarily know about someone's past to fall in love with their current self, right? Yes, it plays a part but the person I'm loving is the current you, not the one in the past."

Hearing this, Jimin blushed but hid his face by turning away. After a period of silence, Jimin asked something that made all of his previous emotions come rushing back. "Tell me something, Jungkook. Does Jaehyun know that what he's participating in is wrong? Does he know that it's not good for him?"

Jungkook debated in his mind whether or not he should tell Jimin. If he did, Jimin would just ask more questions that would lead to more devastating answers. If he didn't, Jimin would lose all the trust he had in him. In the end, he decided to tell Jimin. "He knows it's wrong, Jimin. He's just too blinded by love to pull himself out of there. That's why Yuta and I are going to help him out, whether he likes it or not."

"Who is it that he's in love with?" Jimin questioned, making the bunny hybrid jolt in realization. "I... actually have no clue who he fell in love with. I didn't realize that I didn't know until you mentioned it, to be honest." Jungkook responded, making Jimin hang his head in disappointment. Suddenly, he lit up, as if he remembered something.

"Oh! Earlier today a bunny hybrid and another human came from a secret passage in the library and told me they needed to see you. If I remembered correctly, their names were Yuta and Sicheng. Do you know why they might need you?" Jimin mentioned, making Jungkook freeze.

"Yuta?!" He yelled, making Jimin flinch from being startled. He started listing out the possibilities of what could've happened, starting out with the worst case scenario. Before Jungkook could get seriously stressed about the issue, both his and Jimin's stomachs growled at the same time. They both laughed, preparing to make dinner together.

Just like they originally planned, they were going to spend the day together. Although it started off a bit rocky, it smoothed out towards the end. Jungkook still had Yuta at the back of his mind, wondering if his friend was alright. Jimin on the other hand was wondering why Jungkook cared so much about the other bunny hybrid, but shook it off.

Meanwhile, another bunny hybrid in the secret base of Hybrids of Salvation wasn't doing so great. "Taeyong! When is it enough for you?! How many people do you have to hurt until you're satisfied?!" The bunny hybrid yelled, watching as the love of his life was ruthlessly beaten in front of him while he was tied up. This earned him a slap in the face from his best friend.

"Shut up, Yuta! You don't know anything! You don't know anything about this organization, so stop acting as if you know so much about this place!" Taeyong screamed at Yuta, preparing to slap the bunny hybrid again only to be stopped by a human. "Taeyong, please. Don't hurt them. Take your anger out on me instead. Lock them up or something. Just stop. I can take all the pain, I promise." The human muttered quietly through tears.

"I knew you were a good boy, Jaehyun. You can take all the pain, can't you? If you can, I won't hold back." Taeyong laughed psychopathically, pulling Jaehyun's hair roughly. He watched as Jaehyun winced in pain, but showed no signs of complaint.

"No! Taeyong, don't touch him! He's innocent, Taeyong! Stop!" Yuta yelled relentlessly, knowing that all of it would be in vain in the end. "Shut up!" Taeyong bellowed, kicking Sicheng in the stomach. Yuta watched helplessly as Sicheng started to gag and throw up on the floor.

"Lock them up in the dungeon!" Taeyong ordered as he cackled manically. Jaehyun only looked at the couple with a sad look in his eyes before Taeyong went back to taking his anger out on him. Yuta watched as he was dragged into a dirty dungeon with Sicheng. Sicheng was beaten so hard that he passed out. Yuta's hands were untied and he rushed to Sicheng's side. He combed a loose strand of hair on Sicheng's face aside, pecking the human's forehead gently.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through this, Sicheng."