Let's Dance, Shall We?

Art Credit: faustisse

I watched very happily as Alastor and Mimzy trailed along the dance floor. Moments such as this made everyday in hell feel a little less terrible. Sipping a fruity beverage, the tall deer demon gave her a quick twirl, making her bubble with laughter.

There was no denying the churn of envy that was brewing inside me but I held it in. The plump and short flapper made it very clear to me who Alastor belonged to, even if they weren't together any longer. Another loud laugh caught my attention and I gazed up, watching them again.

"Another good practice Mimzy my dear!"

"Oh, you said it Al! You always have the best moves!"

I smiled softly to myself as I listened into the conversation. Indeed that was true, Alastor even past his homicidal and murderous tendencies had always been a man to admire. He was powerful and handsome and had the ability to swoon without even trying. His charisma was one of the talents that helped him kill when he was still alive.

Mimzy, another killer utilized her gender to catch and snare victims since at the time she was alive it was very difficult to imagine a woman committing such an act. I had heard about them from the warnings of a few hotel workers. Husky and Vaggie to be precise, but I couldn't help but admire Alastor and feel a certain way when he talked to me. He was quite the bee's knees.

When a cold hand gentle took hold of my shoulder I was pulled out of my thoughts. Looking up, I found my eyes looking straight into the eyes of the Radio Demon himself. His prominent smile was soft looking, and then he spoke.

"Care to dance, darling?" he spoke so softly, which was particularly unusual for his usual loud and confident mannerisms. Taking a moment to compose myself, a flashed him my own toothy grin before nodding.

"That sounds swell, but I'm not the best dancer. I won't be as good of a partner as Mimzy." I stepped away from my seat at the bar and stood beside a towering Alastor, who merely shook his head as he grabbed my hand to take me to the middle of the floor.

"Aw, that's nonsense and you know it (Y/N). I've seen you dance when you thought no one was lookin'. You have moves that bring the Charleston to shame." he grinned, making me flush in embarrassment. I giggled in return, playfully raising my brow.

"Oh, so can I assume you've been spying on me?" I teased him, and to my surprise there was a dust of pink on his pale cheeks. Alastor took both my hands, clearing his throat in a shy manner.

"I have no clue what you're on about doll." he said giving me a soft wink, before we began to move across the floor.

Soft jazz echoed through the room, bouncing off the walls inspired by goth architecture and into my ears as my feet moved. Our gentle waltz made everything go away, and I ironically fell into my own personal heaven. Here, right now. In hell.

Alastor watched with adoring eyes at (Y/N) who kept her eyes shut as they spun around the floor. With their stomachs pressed onto one another and their moves going in sync with the music, Mimzy who had danced with Alastor earlier watched in awe with a few others who noticed the dance and began to watch as well. Despite the slowly growing crowd, the radio demon couldn't care less. He found himself completely immersed in the company of the new inhabitant of the happy hotel: (Y/N).

As the music slowly began to die, as did the steps of the two dancers. (Y/N) took a much needed breath until she laughed happily. Pure music to the deer demons ears.
"Wow, you really do have the best moves..." I spoke gingerly, feeling his larger hands still holding mine. He was rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb affectionately. I felt my cheeks get hot again and I bowed my head, earning a hearty laugh from him.

By now Charlie who had noticed the crowd had corralled every onlooker out of the ball room to give them some privacy. This included Mimzy who was now pouting. But when she turned to look at her Alastor one more time, something was so different here. The look he had on his face as he watched (Y/n), it wasn't like anything he had ever done before with her. When she and Al were still alive and together, never once did he look at her, the flapper who loved him to bits the same way they were staring at each other.

Suddenly, she felt her anger and envy sizzle, and Mimzy hugged her sides with a knowing look. Maybe...Alastor wasn't hers, and maybe, just maybe she was okay with it.

By now, the two were sitting at the bar, laughing and conversing among two drinks. The way they talked was so natural, usually Alastor had to force himself into conversations to keep himself from being quiet.

Alastor was on and off lost in thought as he watched the little darlin' talk with pure joy on her face. The way her face scrunched you cutely when she laughed, or the soft snorts that followed, the male tuned into the story she was telling.

"—so I got so bored I did a silly dance. I was only a kid, I didn't know better! The policeman that saw my dance looked at me with wide eyes and said: "never do that again"—I was so embarrassed!" I let out a laugh and Alastor followed.

After that we just sat in silence, both smiling as we enjoyed the company of one another. It wasn't before long he turned to me.

"(Y/N) dear..."

"Yes?"

I felt him take my hand from under the bar table and he gave it a gentle squeeze. I squeezed back, showing him I was attentive and there.

"Do you...feel what I'm feeling?" he watched me quietly, and I saw him lean in closer.

Smiling, I nodded and I closed the gap.