28

Published 8/7/19

After that quite exciting day of school I decided I didn't want to go home right away. Since I was still new to Japan I wanted to go explore a little. I had wondered for maybe an hour before I realized I had reached a more run down area of town.

Many of the building were looked to be run down. Bars afters bars seem to line the streets.

As I walked down an ally an older gruff voice called out to me. Causing me to come to a hault

"You picked a bad time to get lost." Said the gruff voice from behind me. Great. This was all I needed.

I turned around to see about eight men in their late 20's to mid 40's. They were well armed, but covered from head to toe in dirt and from the smell I asume alcohol, they were carrying knives and a metal bat. The man who had spoken stood at the head of the group, a knife drawn and a smirk on his face. I faced them with a bored look not in the mood to fight with drunks. A couple of the bandits laughed.

"Say," Said the leader. ''All those clothes and that bag look heavy. How about we take it off your hands?''

''I'm not in the mood for this. Back off now.' I threatened my eyes narrowing into a sharp glare.

The bandits all burst out laughing. As there leader scoffed at me.

''You sure sound tough,'' He grinned.''I should probably back off.'' He was enjoying this. Watching me get irritated . I noticed his grip tightening on the handle of his knife.

I was getting more irritated and I had a feeling these guys wern't gonna back off so I attacked first. I lunged forward with my fist raised dropping my bag bag along the way, and quick as a flash the leader parried, knocking me back. My eyes widen in shock.

As I got my balance back, a knife swooped past my head and impacted with the dirty ground with a thud. I had Barley missed it. I spotted the owner of the knife, and brought up my left hand. I aimed at the man and shot a burst of strong air, he dropped his second knife and yelled in surprise as he was blown back into a wall knocking him unconscious.

Another guy leaped at me, twin swords of ice formed from his hands. I grabbed him and threw him aside, when he hit the ground he became unconscious.

Another man sprinted towards me, his bat held high over his head. I plunged my arm forward and into his stomach, hitting a pressure point knocking him out as well. I spun around and kicked the stomach of another attacker moments before his knife met with my shoulder. Four down, four left.

Then, a man jumped on me from behind. I fell due to the sudden extra weight I was not prepared for. I tried to use my strength but found that I couldn't use my quirk causing my eyes to widen in shock.

"Not so tough with out your quirk are you now girly" the man on top of me hissed into my ear.

My eyes caught with the leader of the group as he walked over To me. A smirk on his face. His eyes holding lust.

He knelt down over me, his face close enough to mine for me to smell his disgusting breath as he gloated.

''You're good'' He said as he touched my neck with the tip of his fingers. I tried to move away but due to the man on top of me I couldn't. ''But I'm better.''

His eyes scanned over me. His eyes growing more with lust. Causing me to struggle more to escape the man on top of me. "Maybe after me and my friends use you we can hand you over to that villian league. Bet they would love to have a quirk like yours" he hissed in my face. As his hands started to reach down to my blasers buttons.

"Let me go you disgusting pigs" I hissed trying to thrash more. I then felt my legs being grabbed and them trying to remove my skirt and leggings.

"I said let me go" I screamed at them.

"I think the girl said to let her go" a new voice echoed through the ally.

It sounded younger yet deeper than these men. "Oh ya? I think you should mind your own business punk" the leader hissed.

"*sigh* people like you really disgust me, you have no place on this earth" the voice sighed. I couldn't see the man because he was being blocked by the leader infront of me.

"The hell--*screech*" screeches and other sounds of pain filled the ally as beautiful blue flames flew over me. Burning the men on top of me alive.

I looked to the man who saved me and was shocked. Almost his entire body was covered in burned skin. Along some parts of his body were Staples. He was quite tall compared to me. With thick black hair and beautiful blue eyes.

He walked over to me his hands in his trench coat pockets. He looked down at me with a bored expression. "You alright" he questioned his voice dull.

"Ya, thanks" I said trying to stand up only to stumble into his chest. Feeling his hands catch me. "Ya your so fine kid" he grumbled sarcastically.

"Now what are you doing out here kid, and in this part of town? It ain't safe for you here, your parents gotta be lookin for ya" the man grumbed helping me gain my balance. "Can't have concerned parents if you don't have parents" I mumbled but I guess he heard that because he tensed slightly. I Moved away from him only to almost fall again and to be caught by him.

"Stupid kid, where do you live I'll walk ya home" he picked me up bridle style walking down the ally picking up my bag along the way.

I was not keen of giving him my address but I did anyway.

"What's your name" I asked looking up at him.

"Dabi" he grumbled.

"I'm Maria" I introduced myself.

"Shouldn't you be freaking out or grossed out by me or something" he asked looking straight ahead.

"If your talking about your burns no, not even the slightest." I looked down at my hands. "Got my own scars" I whispered which he heard.

He looked down at me with an unconvinced look.

I slowly undid my blaser and pulled out my arm with the burn scar. It was the first time showing it to somebody willingly. It's just that I felt dabi would understand.

His eyes studied it for a moment. I watched his eyes gain a new emotion. It was respect. He didn't question me about it as I put my blaiser back on.