CHAPTER 40

PREVIOUSLY ON UNVEILING THE MASKED

"Am still baffled by her actions yesterday.. You know she doesn't lock her bedroom door.. I was taking Castilo and Altagracia for check up before their flight.. I sighted her in the bathroom laying still, her towel wrapped around her body.. I came back and met her in the same position.. I rushed to her.. She was icy cold and i dragged her body out of the water..
I shook her and she burst into laughter..
She claimed she was practicing how long she could hold her breath in the water but am not fully convinced"Marcelo spoke up..
"That means she almost drown herself to death"I halfyelled and he nodded his head..
"Why didn't you call the doctor???"I asked slightly angry and upset at myself for not been here for her..
"You can drag a horse to the stream but you can't force it to drink water.. Similarly, was the situation with Emilia.."Marcelo explained
"She's damned stubborn.. And you know how she can be.. It's difficult to crack her nut"Sandra chipped in..
I know how she can be.. She's very persistent and always do as it pleases her..
Like a spoilt brat..
"We could call her personal doctor to check up on her when we get to Europe.. She'll never disobey grandma's orders"I suggested
"That's a brilliant idea"Sandra said triumphantly..
"Wait!! She's been in the kitchen for so long.. it's quite odd"I said
And we rushed to the kitchen and got the biggest shock of our lives..
My sister lying in her pool of blood..

ALEJANDRO'S POV
I was furiously annoyed with myself..
My anger had led me to inflict pain on the woman I love with all my heart..
Instead of standing and supporting her through this hard time.. I foolishly ended up causing her more pain..
I Curse myself for Inflicting pain on her..
Now she have decided to leave this country..
I've failed to protect her..
My phone buzz drifting me back into my senses..
"Hello!!"I said hoarsely
"Come to the city hospital.. Emilia is badly injured.."Nils yelled and hanged up without waiting for my reply..
I take a u-turn and drove like a mainac taking the route to the hospital..
I won't forgive myself if anything bad happens to her..

A drive of 10minutes took me less than that as I rushed out of my car slamming my car behind me..
I went straight to the ICU department..
"Nils!!!"I whispered in relieve..
"How's she doing?, Any news from the doctor???"I asked worriedly..
"No news yet!! We hope is nothing too serious.. She'll need stitches because the cuts was very deep and she lost a lot of blood"Nils explained..
The door swung open as the doctor walked out with a frown on his face..
"How's her health??"I asked at the same time Sandra asked him also..
"Please, come with me to my office"the doctor said and we trailed behind him..
"She's out of danger and I've gone through her report and ran some test on her.. I suspect she's suffering from depression but it's not medically proved..
I'll handover all her report to your family doctor. She'll give a better analysis on her health condition.. She'll be here with the report in a giffy you can wait for her in her office"the doctor explained and we walked out without saying a word..
Depression!!
She always had a wierd expression with a fake smile but am stunned by the doctor's explanation..
We headed to the doctor's office..
She was just entering her office when we barged in..
"Take a seat"she welcomed us..
"How's my sister?"Sandra asked taking her seat beside her husband..
"You know am bound by a promise... I can't tell you anything except she permits me to.. Maria-Ann is a very stubborn child and I can't break the trust she has in me"she spoke up and I controlled my temper..
And stood still staring angrily at her..
"We do understand but we're worried about her"Nils spoke up
"I understand that!! But I'm bound by my promise.. we share more than a doctor and patient relationship.. She's more like a daughter to me"doctor defended herself
"You don't understand us at all.. This is not the first time something like this happened.. She drinks on an empty stomach.. She tried to drown herself in her bath tub.. She almost burn herself in her son's room.. She's always alone in her room and hardly say a word to anyone.. And when she manages to leave her room then she's found laying on her husband grave.. And if you truly care for her as a mother, you'll have to tell us the truth.. What is wrong with her??.."Marcelo halfyelled..
"When did you notice this changes??"the doctor asked..
"After the death of her husband.. but it worsend after Cassius death"Sandra answered..
"She's having a major depression.. Most patient have known and encountered end up committing succide.."The doctor replied..
And my heart missed a beat..
"I'm confident her case will be different.. She has a strong will to live.. Stronger than most patient's have encountered with.."doctor said in attempt to encourage us not to loose hope..
I walked out of her office with a heavy heart..
I couldn't stay in that office anymore..
I felt so suffocated..
My throat dried and aching..
I must look pale right now.. Because am running out of breath..
Am feeling dizzy..
The earth is moving beneath me and I tried to hold something for support but tripped and feel down..
This isn't the first time something like this happened to me..
But so far this is the worst..
I heard people's faint voice as my whole body stiffened...
I don't know what happened next, but I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder..
And I felt electric current at the same spot I felt the touch as it run through my system..
"Emilia!!"I gasped loudly..
My breathing not fully relaxed.. Her piercing gaze calm every vibe in my body..
Her touch was magical..
She looked exhausted and smiled softly at me..
Before she collapsed on top of me and I slowly embraced darkeness...