CHAPTER 27

MARCELO'S  POV

Emilia, Edwardo and my wife were rushed to the nearest hospital in America..
I found Emilia and Edwardo locked in each other's arms..
I secretly took photos of them before the cops arrival.. Edwardo was still breathing when I got there.. He made me promise to protect his Mia with my life.. Her name was the last words he said before taking his last breath..
He made me understand the true meaning of love..
Santos(my twin brother) and his men(police officers)who were on border patrol came to our aid..
He immediately called for back up.. And also requested for ambluance..
Mr Williams was found dead.. But there was no trace of Bill.. Which means he's on the run most probably injured..
My wife woke up few minutes before we arrived at the hospital.. She only fainted and was not severely injured just a few scratches on her cheek and hands
But I insisted that she run some check up..
Meanwhile I also got my wounds treated..
I was on my way to the operating theatre when Santos and some other officers approached me..
"Am officer West.. "West introduced himself
"Marcelo Doriga.."I replied looking pissed off
"We'll like you to come briefly with us" West said and i glare at Santos.. But he looked at me like we're strangers.. Back to being a freaking cop.. Few moments ago he acted like a caring brother.. It was all a sham....
"I can give my statement here, We've had a rough day inspector.."
"We're not reporters.. We're CIA and this is not your country were you misbehave with the authority.. Either you move your ass or I'll drag your ass to the station"Santos yelled at me
"Respect is reciprocal.. Same applies to the law.. Kindly Consider my humble request officer west"I said grinding my teeth..
"Things are not done.."
"Okay.. Paul get the recorder" west shuns Santos and I hide my smile..
Santos is still obsessed with the law..
I started giving my statement as they continued to interrogate me..
Suddenly I became quiet and speechless as west repeats his question slowly
"Why didn't you report your wife's abduction to the police..
And why would you take law into your hands"west repeats his question..
"He did file a case.. Here's a copy of the file officer" officer Jane said from behind me handing over the file to west but Santos snatched the file..
"It's a Registered case.. sir" Santos said after reading the file..
'Who the hell registered the case..?'i asked my self
"Mr Edwardo himself registered this case and the rest is confidential.."Officer Jane said flashing Santos an evil smile..
"You're in our territory now.. so this case is our damn business now"Santos barked at Jane..
"When I said confidential.. I meant we'll have to discuss the case only between the four walls of a station officer.. But first I would like to discuss something with Marcelo"Jane said dismissing Santos..
"Her majesty cleaned up the mess you guys created.. Mexico is on fire.. And England are on the bridge of waging war at us.. The Queen is restless and you know what that means" Jane explained briefly..
"I Know.."
"I can't believe you two were high school lovers"I said  referring to she and Santos.. and she laughs and walked away..
"Hope the interrogation went well"Sandra asked wrapping her hands around my neck
"You're mom cleaned up our mess.. I just hope England doesn't wage war on us.. Edwardo is the Queen's special grandchild.."
"I know.. She'll move the earth if anything happens to Edwardo"Sandra said kissing me briefly..
"I hope they makes it out alive.."Sandra whispered and I nod..
Though i know better that One of them won't make it.. I still hope there's a twist in their fate..
"Mom!!" My wife half yelled as she ran to embrace her mother...
"It's all my fault.. Mom.. There're in there because of me"she sobs loudly on her mother's shoulder..  Mrs Gate tried to fight back the tears That's threatening to fall from her eyes but failed.. She sobs silently as she consoles Sandra..
"That's enough child, He's a brave man.."her mom cupped her cheek wiping off tears from her eyes..
"And you know your sister is a lioness.. They'll scale through victoriously.."
"But mom.. Ann.. She may not make it this time.."Sandra broke down in tears..
"There's always a twist in fate.. Have faith.. she's"
"I would like to speak to with the patient's family in private" the doctor said walking towards his office..