CHAPTER 41

PREVIOUSLY ON UNVELING THE MASKED

"What are you waiting for??"Seer shouted at Ann..
"Go quench the storm.."seer shouted at Ann
"She won't go anywhere"Grandma shouted staring angrily at the seer..
"She has to your majesty.. Not even this land can be saved when it rains"seer said..
"She's right grandma.. This is my war"Ann spoke up..
"How can we stop this war??"Nils asked staring at the seer
"Only Her knows the answer to that question??"seer answered..
"How do you plan on stopping this feud child??"Grandma asked Ann
"I'll fight poison with poison!!"Ann replied holding gaze with seer and the seer smiled at her..
"Grandma!! I can't promise you that I'll come back this time but I'll promise to put an end to Tega's reign of terror"Ann said holding grandma's hands..
"A succide mission!!!"I whispered  loudly enough for everyone to hear me and grandma staggered back as my words sink deep into her head..
She stood still Staring at Ann like a ghost..
Ann noticed grandma strange stare and lowered her gaze..
Have never seen Ann admit to defeat so easily before and that's what scared the life out of me..
She exchanged glances with us for a while before she whispered
"Forgive me!!" And walked away from us almost in tears..

EMILIA'S POV
As I ran out of the royal castle almost in tears.. I couldn't help but wonder how many innocent lives had to pay for my sins.. A sin that Emilio created..
I've been able to act so bold and courageous in front of grandma and the seer.. But am weak deep down me..
Tired of blood shed and fear of the unknown..
But his words keep be going..
Triggered me at each slacking edge to fight for survival..
I want to yeild to his words but am damaged beyond repair..
He left with a part of me.. Gave me a part of him but soon that part of me died as I held my precious son's lifeless body in my arms..
The weight of his corpse was equal to the part of me that died with Cassius..
He was my son whom trusted me to return back to him and protect him but I failed him...
If I can't protect my son from death how will I protect myself from this doom...
My legs are trembling as I stumbled and almost fell to the ground but a strong arm grib my waist and protected me from crashing down cowardly..
"Thank you!!"I muttered staring at his grib on my waist..
He set me on my feet without a reply and I found it strange and raised my gaze to meet his heated stare..
Someone I never imagined to cross paths with..
My secret admirer whom my late husband despise..
The cunning artist who can't keep his eyes off me..
"Luis Ray!!!"I muttered out loud and he smiled..
"Always imagined to be graced with a honour of having you in my arms.. Which gracefully just happened.."
"In your arms!! Or did you shamelessly undress me and slammed yourself into another woman's hoe and imagined it was me"I countered sounding sassy..
"You've quite good talent at your assumptions and I don't prey to deny thee.. truth be told I did countless times..."he confessed and we both burst into laughter..
"Glad I was able to wash off those tears from your eyes.."he said after a while of an outrageous laughing
"Thanks!!!"I whispered..
"Sorry for your losses.. It must be hard on you"
"Thanks but I beg to take my leave now"I tried to excuse myself not willing to continue the conversation but he grabbed my hand firmly but not enough to cause me pain..
"I want to help you!!"he said and It only provoked me
"I don't need your help nor your sympathy!!"I fired angrily at him
"You do m'lady.. You need an army to match up with De King Tega!! Put your pride and ego aside and accept my generosity"
"And why would you want to help me??"I raised my brow at him..
"Because I love you.. I'll rather have you in another man's arms for eternity than attend your funeral"he blurted out..
"I find your reasons lame and fishy"
"Great hunch you have.. Well am paying back my debt to you.."
'what debt!!'i asked myself
"You owe me nothing and even if you did.. I free you from such obligation"I replied him..
"You saved my sister's life"
'who's his damn sister??'i asked myself
"The pregnant woman whom you rescued in Prague and gave your brand new ride to flee with.."he replied me like he was listening to my thoughts and I smiled at the memory..
"How's she doing? I never heard from her after that attack??"I asked flickering my eyes preventing me from Breaking down in tears..
Tears of joy!!
"Ooohh!! My sweet lady!!"he exclaimed and wrapped his hands around me firmly..
I didn't protest..
I just breath in his scent..
"She gave birth to twins a day after you rescued her..  She name them after you and your late husband.. Emilia and Edwardo.."he whispererd and I break the hug and stare deeply at his intense gaze..
"Thank you!!!"he breathed out and I smiled..
For a moment I forgot about my problems..
This is the best news so far..
"I truly want to help you.. I want revenge also for the death of my beloved brother.. Whom Tega slaughtered and sent me his head as a gift.."
"We need an army to go against him"I spoke up after clearing my throat for a while and giving a thought to his proposal..
"I have a friend who's willing to repay his debt by offering me an elite army.."
"If you have an army, why need me???"I questioned
"It's an honour to die staring at the only woman that stole my heart.. A lovely piece of memory to take to hell!!"he replied mischievously
"Ardo would rip off your head hearing those words from you"I said mockingly and he laughed..
"He was very protective of you.  I'm surprised he bought my painting for you... I envied him alot.."he confessed and I smiled..
"I'll never forget his sacrifice for me.."I chipped in
"I thought by now you would have crawled back to your ex lover.. Alejandro"
"I proved you wrong.."I replied him...
"You proved the whole world wrong.. You created you love story and it escalated after his death.. The whole world will read about you in poems and stories.. People will pray for a lover like you and take you as an ideal model.. Your journey is not over m'lady.. The Best is yet to come..
Be zealous and fight for your belief..
You'll win.."his words sealed every fear in me..
And I felt bold and courageous once again..
I felt whole again..
All thanks to Louis Ray..
The cunning artist..
Whose painting captured my heart..
Whose words felt like fire works and spread courage in me..
In joy I pecked his lips and shivered at the repercussion of my actions but he smiled as I blushed at my stupid moves..
"I'll take my leave now!! We'll fly back as soon as possible"
"We leave tomorrow!! Delay is dangerous m'lady.."
"Thanks once again for everything Louis!!"
"Nay!!! I should be the one thanking you for your love and generosity..
let me drop you home..  It's unsafe to walk back alone barefooted"he said as my eyes rack down my body to my feet..
I didn't notice.. that have been running barefooted..
"Okay!!"I said and he lifted me off the ground and carried me to his car..