CHAPTER 12

EMILIA'S POV

"What did you say?" Bill asked blinking his eyes repeatedly
"you heard me right Bill.. If reciprocating Ardo's feelings by caring for him tenderly is what you call love then i accept.. He's every woman's dream man.. He has all the potential to make a woman happy and feel special and unique unlike you.. A pathetic greedy billionaire." i raised my voice at Bill.
Then i slowly turned around glancing at the crowd of reporters, guests and equally caught a glimse of Walter's piercing gaze.. There was something odd about him..
I felt this awkward feeling as he held gaze with me but i couldn't figure out why there was a stormy rage in his eyes.. I broke our eye contact and stood face to face with Ardo. His eyes stared at me searching for answers but i flashed him a comforting smile..
"I wish i could fall in love with you, Ardo" i breathed out staring deep into his eyes..
I forced myself to break the eye contact and faced Bill..
"Despite ruining my life, you trapped me with a false marriage.. I did not file a compliant about you nor did i get your ass behind bars but you questioned my dignity and my self esteem.. I will make...."
"shut up!!" Bill shouted interupting me with his hand lifted up to slap me but was blocked by someone i never expected to come to my aid..
"Walter" i whispered..
"I've heard enough of your rant and rare. Get lost" Walter said raising his voice at Bill and he nod his head as he stepped back slowly..

The reporters took advantage and charged at me with thousands of questions and i suddenly felt dizzy..
"Ardo, I need fresh air" i whispered
"We're grateful for your help.." I said to Walter.
He streached forth his hand for a handshake but i hugged him instead to hide my trembling hands.
"I'll take my leave now.." I said to Walter ignoring the press tantrums..
"Let's go" I muttered and my chief bodyguard led me out of the gallery.

The drive to the hotel was like a torture to me. For some reason best known to Ardo, he requested that we ride in seperate cars.. I couldn't figure out why he's trying to distant himself from me. So, I decided to buy him his favourite chocolate cookies on my way.
Immediately my car halted i hurried inside the hotel with my trembling foot and hands afraid of collapsing..
I took a deep calming breath and opened the door.
"Ardo"i called out..
"Ardo!" i called out again..
I walked towards the balcony but halted as he breathed out my name..
"Why are you avoiding me?" i asked him as he came closer...
"did you mean what you said in front of the world today?" he asked me ignoring my question..
"I asked first so you gat to answer me first"
"i wasn't avoiding you.. I needed to do something alone.. Now, answer my question honestly.." he said and cupped my face with his palm.. I stared deep into his eyes and said
"yes!" I said. I knew I was going to regret this later but I just have to make him happy. Afterall I care for him and he has been by my side for a while. Before I could process and think things through I felt him embrace me.
I didn't see that coming so I quickly collected myself and struggled to stand firm..
"Mia, are you alright?" Ardo asked worriedly as he broke the hug..
"Feeling dizzy?" he asked as he carried me to the bed and i nod my head lazily.. He hurried to get my drugs and gave them to me..

"Are you feeling better?" Ardo asked me and i smiled
"am fine. I have a surprise for you. Open it" i said handing him the cookies that i neatly wrapped.. He laughed as he unwrapped the gift.
"I love it.." he replied.
"I also have a surprise for you, Mia" he said
"but you'll have to close your eyes" he requested and i closed my eyes giggling in anticipation of what the surprise might be..

"Open your eyes.. Mia" Ardo urged me after some minutes. I opened my eyes, screamed and jumped on Ardo happily while raining kisses on his face..
"I love it.. Thank you" i whispered
"you got me the painting even though you dislike the artist.." i said to him and he smiled
"i did it for you.. I wanted to see this bright smile on your face.."
"You're the best.. I'll be your tour guard tommorow" I told him....
"really.." he asked mockingly
"yeah.. I know Prague back to back.." i boasted
"we'll see to that tommorow.. You need to rest.. Mia" Ardo whispered. He wrapped his arm around my waist securely and i closed my eyes and embraced darkness