CHAPTER 1

6 YEARS LATER...

EMILIA'S POV

"Mummy mummy.." My five years old soldiers yelled my name...
I quickly laid on my bed to pretend I was fast asleep..
They both jumped on my bed as I snored gently...
"Mum..." Castilo said patting my back gently..
He repeated the action again and sighed..
"She's sleeping.." Castilo whispered in a sad tune..
"How can mama be sleeping when she promised to take us to the park.." Cassius complained...
"Mummy.." Cassius called out but I remained quiet and smiled to myself..
They both became quiet and I became curious tocurious know what my little soldiers were busy conspiring against me...
My bed suddenly felt light..
So I decided to roll on the bed to confirm if they truly left or not..
I rolled to the end of the bed but couldn't feel them..
It would be foolish of me to open my eyes now..
So I decided to peep by opening one of my eyes slightly but I couldn't see clearly..
Then I opened my eyes..
Lo and behold.. My soldiers were standing by the door with a smirk on their faces..
I sighed in defeat and sat up... They both burst into laughter and I joined them while they ran to embrace me..
"We caught you mum..." Cassius said in between laughter..
"We outsmarted you once again.." Castilo chipped in.. I nod in agreement..
Then I removed my duvet..
"Wow..." They exclaimed together...
"You look amazing mum.." Castilo said smoothing my cheek with his little hands.. Amazing at this time of the day? I think Castilo will grow to be a smooth talker just like his dad...
"Thanks sweetheart.." I blew him a kiss.
"Oops.. I caught it mum" Cassius said..
"So let's go down for breakfast.. Thereafter we'll go to the park..." They nod as they rushed down stairs while I followed their lead...
"Uncle..." They yelled as they embraced Ardo..
"We missed you.."
"I missed you more my champs.." Ardo said and dropped them down..
"I hope you took good care of your mum while I was away..?" Ardo asked them
"Yes but mum was a little bit naughty.." Cassius complained..
"And mischievous.." Castilo chipped in..
"Really.." Ardo asked staring at me and they nod..
"When did you arrive.." Castilo asked raising his brow..
"Last night.." Ardo answered..
"And you couldn't come to see us..." Cassius question him with a frown..
"Didn't you miss us like you claim you did..?" Castilo asked and fold his hands..
I hid my smile and gently sat down on my usual sit at the dinning table  observing the various foods prepared just for this morning while I listened to the conversation of these three soldiers...
"Of course I missed you.. That's why I came here driving like a maniac late in the night but you were both asleep.." Ardo explained as my children's face brighten up with smiles..
"Your words really hurt my feelings.. Little champs.." Ardo said touching his chest ..
"Sorry uncle.." They said and they kissed him on his cheeks.. Ardo smiled
"Feeling better?.." Castilo asked
"Yes dear.." Ardo replied..
"Your breakfast is served.." I said in an unfriendly tone..
"Awwn.. Someone is jealous.." Ardo whispered to them...
"In your dreams sweetheart.." I said out loud..
"Mum isn't jealous.." Castilo supported
"That's my boy.." I praised him..
"Mum, when is dad coming back..?" Cassius suddenly asked out of the blue and my mood changed but I bowed my head and focused on my meal..
"It's over a year now and dad hasn't returned from his business trip.." Cassius continued to complain..
"Why are you quiet mum.. Is he going to ever come back to us.." Cassius continues throwing tantrums at me..
"Yes sweetheart... Your dad called last night but you were fast asleep and I didn't want to disturb you.. He said he'll be back soon.. Sooner than you imagined.." I tried to explain
"Really mum.." Cassius asked
"Yes my love.. So eat your food quietly"
we all continued to eat in silence..
I know that my soldiers are investigators but questions about their father has becomed very frequent and I've completely ran out of lies to tell them. I finished my breakfast and head towards my car with my kids.
As I was about to open the car, my phone began to ring..
"Hello" I spoke into the phone..
"What do you mean by he's back" I questioned raising my voice..
"Thank you" I said and hung up..
"Mum.. What's wrong.. You look pale" Castilo asked me and i faked a smile..
"I'm feeling dizzy.. It's nothing" I answered 
"You need to rest mum.." Cassius said  after examining my temperature.. If only they knew that rest is not my priority now
"There's no need for that doctor Cassius.. It's really nothing serious.." But they didn't look convinced as they kept staring at me with a questionable glare..
"Okay. I'll call Marcelo to accompany you to the park. While I'll stay behind and rest"
"No mum.. Just tell the driver to take us to uncle Marc's house.." Cassius suggested
"We'll stay with him.. We'll be back for dinner.. So you'll get enough rest.." Castilo concluded..
"Okay.. just take good care of yourselves.." I told them and instructed my driver on where to take them. Sometimes I feel they're too matured to be five...

I sat down on the couch as many questions flooded my mind..
'Why did he decided to come back after a long time..?' I asked myself saying it out loud..
"Who's coming back Mia?" Ardo asked startling me.. I forget he was still in the house. I took a deep calming breath..
"Your brother is coming back today or tomorrow.." i answered him.
"You should be glad he finally decided to come back after a very long time.. You can finally hatch your plan and divorce him for good.." Ardo said..
"I know but I have this strange feeling that his coming back means trouble.."
"What do you mean.. What are you hiding from me.." He asked and I remained quiet..
Should I tell him the truth..???
Nah... I don't want to be the cause of another rift between the two of them..
"I know that look.." Ardo said pointing at my face..
"Tell me the truth.. Mia.." He said softly and moved me closer to him...
"Before he left in a fit of rage he swore never to divorce me.. He made it clear that he's coming back is to claim his right on me.. Or to get rid of me.." I spoke up truthfully...
"You know I would never let harm come your way..
I know my brother..
He will do anything to claim your properties..
His love for money is his biggest weakness and strength...
You know what to do when things become too complicated..." Ardo said cupping my cheek...
"I will come to you for help... If necessary" I said staring deep into his eyes..
"I'll make one thing clear.. I won't keep quiet if Bill goes overboard..." He peck my forehead before he stood up and left...
Leaving be speechless with complicated emotions...

ALEJANDRO'S POV

Its been six long years and one week I was convicted for murder... The crime that bitch..(Emilia) confessed to me of doing...
How she killed him I don't know..Her motive for killing a helpless man in his sick bed..
I don't give a damn...
But one thing I know is that the day I leave this place will be the beginning of her down fall... She'll regret the day she was born..
"Earth to Emilio" Bright brought me out of my thoughts..
"Hmmmm" I replied him
"Have been talking to you but you're lost in your own little world.."
"My apologizes Bright.." I said taking a deep breath..
"It's okay.. I have good news.." Bright whispered..
"Come on bro spill the beans.." I said curiously...
"I got a report from the other side.. Mrs Valdez has decided to help us get out.."
"You know I would never agree to flee from here illegally.."
"I know... Mrs Valdez is the new mayors wife.. So it's legal.."
"Okay.. So what's the plan.." I asked curiously..
"There's no plan yet... She requested to meet with you in private.. She wanna have a tête a tête with you.." Bright said with a smile..
"Are you sure the information is accurate.." I asked nervously..
"Yeah but keep this in mind that...." An unfamiliar guard hit our cell interrupting us..
"Hey you.." The unfamiliar guard pointed at me..
"Come with us ... You have a visitor.." The unfamiliar guard said to me..
I looked at Bright with a suspicious look and he nod his head..
I quietly trailed behind the unfamiliar guard.. I have been here for so long to know that this guard is new and i've not seen him here before.
He took me through a dark tunnel. To be honest, fear consumed my heart at a point but I composed my self showing a calm exression..
I kept encouraging myself as I walked through different tunnels..
I halted as I felt the presence of a strange person.. Shit. We've been followed..
The unfamiliar guard suddenly disappeared...
I was about to turn around when someone from behind held me captive.. I attempted  to punch the person when another person grabbed my legs....
I decided to follow them than fight with them...
"Really but why would...." I kept quiet as I heard the footstep of what seemed like another guard...
We kept passing through several dark tunnels.. And in every tunnel there was two guards waiting at each end..
We continued to add up in number as we pass through the tunnels.. As we approached the source of light, darkness consumed me...