58. jae does stuffㅣ제이

You were having a busy day at the hospital when the Department Head of General Physicians sent an order to you. It was a request for your participation on the annual celebration of Blood Donation Week . However, it did surprise you because it was the first time in three years, as a general doctor, to be requested to do phlebotomy (collection of blood), although you are also a phlebotomists yourself. You were always obliged to participate on free medical services at remote areas and other related events only.

This was something new.

You called Dr. Ji, the department head, to ask for more details.

"Good morning Doctor. May I know why was I requested to be on the Blood Donation Event this coming Saturday?" you asked.

"Ah yes! Dra. Go will be out this week, so maybe you could fill in on her place? It's just gonna be a week," he says.

"Alright Dr. Ji, but it's been a while since I performed phlebotomy though," you laughed.

"You'll do great Dr. Y/N! Anyway, please don't forget to check on the patient on the 3rd floor Room 125," he asks.

"Noted," you answered, then ended the call.

.

Saturday came and while the other staff were putting up the tents and preparing the equipments, you checked the names of those who registered for blood donations.

"Okay team, listen up!" the Phlebotomy Head said in a loud voice.

"Donors will be coming any time so please go to your respective tents. Let's make this day a productive one," she said and smiled.

You've set and checked the equipments. You were kind of nervous since it's been a very long time since the last time. Ever since you entered the hospital, you always just had to work on consultations, prescriptions, and other check-ups for out-patients, so it was really nerve-racking to be there at the event.

Finally, the first blood donor came. He was kind of tall. He has this brown hair parted in the center, but in a good way. He wore glasses and simple shirt and ripped jeans.

"May I know your name?" you asked as he sat.

"It's Park Jaehyung," he answered, while scratching the back of his neck. You looked at the list and his name wasn't there. "You're a walk-in?"

"Yeah. Uhh... Actually, my friend just dragged me here and he is on the other tent. It's my first time donating blood, by the way, so I'm a little afraid," he explains.

You laughed softly and asked, "Okay. Mr. Park Jaehyung. How old are you and how much do you weigh?"

"Twenty-Six. 143 pounds." You noted his information on the chart.

"Blood type?"

"I'm Blood type B."

"Do you have any tattoos? Got blood transfusion recently? Has Hepatitis, cancer or any illnesses?" you ask.

"That's a lot of questions but all is no," he says." You nod as you write all the information. You checked his breathing and heartbeat, too. It was perfectly fine, so you said, "Okay please give me your hand. You're clear."

You placed the multi-sample blood collection needle on his forearm. With the help of tourniquet, you were able to find the vein easily.

"It will sting," you informed him. You looked at him for a while and he was biting his lips. You shrugged it of.
Finally you inserted the device. The first needle was inserted at the vein while the other was on the vacuum blood collection tube. The blood is easily flowing to the bag. You gave him a small pump so he could move his hands and the blood will flow faster.

"Great job, Mr. Jaehyung. We'll just need to wait for the bag to get full. Okay?" you smiled.

"Thank you," he smiles back.

"Anyway Doctor, how much does one bag fills?" he asks.

"It's 500 ml," you answered. He was kind of shocked since it's half a liter so you followed it up with, "It's normal. It's like less than 10% of your blood so don't worry about it."

"Really? Okay Dr. ... - he looks at your hospital gown - Dr. Y/S/N."

"It's done," you said. And safely removed the tube. Finally you put a cotton on his forearm and said, "Thank you for donating blood. Don't overwork yourself today and get some rest."

He nodded and left.

.

The first day was ending and your neck and back was already aching. The other doctors were called back to the hospital so you were needed to work extra in the afternoon.

You were massaging your nape when the next donor came. To your surprise it was Mr. Jaehyung, again.

"You," you stated as a matter-of-fact.

"Can I donate again?" he asks.

"You'll need to wait for 56 days before you can donate blood again," you answered, chuckling.

"Uhmm. Then can I get my blood back?" he asked, grinning. He's trying to get your attention.

You cleared your throat and said, "Well, it doesn't work like that."

"Hmm," he grunts as he sits down.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" you ask, a little bit concerned.

"Well ... after I donated blood my heart kept on beating on a fast pace," he starts.

"Oh, maybe you've drank some-" he cuts you off.

"And when I think of you it even beats faster," he says, smiling. He was waiting for a reply but you can't say anything and your cheeks were blushing. You got a hold of yourself and cleared your throat.

"Uhh. If you want to have some consultation about your heart or whatever you are feeling, I can be free next week," you say, handing him your business card.

"I don't know if I can wait that long, but okay Dr. Y/S/N. I'll see you then," he says, giving a small salute with the business card in between his fingers.

.

hi guys! ♡

so it's been almost a year since i last updated this imagine book. i'm really sorry :(( i was busy with senior year and all. i just hope everyone's still reading this.

and oh! thank you for those new readers ♡ i appreciate all the votes and comments even though i'm so inactive. i see all of them and i'm so happy!

so a little update, i graduated high school last May and ya girl delivered the valediction hehehe ♡ yey!

anyway, i'm sorry that the last imagines were crappy or what. i'll be updating more next week.

thank you and i love yall! ♡

- dontgosummer♡