56. night talks | 영현

It was already past 10 p.m. when you heard the door on the bedroom open and felt the bed move a little. It's the same as the other nights ㅡ you getting early for bed and YoungK getting home late because of work.

Since you were really tired from your work today, you never bothered to greet or say anything to Youngk. It's a pity however, because that's the only time you could be together. You are both busy in the morning and barely see each other.

You felt the bed move as he tries to get nearer to you. He wrapped his arm around you and sighed.

"Are you awake?" he asks as he's not sure since you are not facing him.

"Hmm," you simply answered. You were already half-awake but the sleepiness just can't get away.

"It's just that I feel like-" he stops. He tries to talk again but he hesitates. There's a faint fear in his voice and it's making him hold back what he wants to say.

Finally he says, "Please face me as we talk." You immediately shifted to your other side, facing him. You finally opened your eyes and there you saw a sad and serious YoungK. Maybe his work was difficult today, you thought.

"What is it?" you said softly. He rests his hand on your shoulder and caress it up and down. He breathed a sigh and said, "I just feel like we're having a fight even though we didn't."

"I get up early for work and leave you sleeping. Then I come back at 8 a.m. at an empty house because you've already left for work. We're so busy that we couldn't find time to even call each other. Amd then when I get home you're already asleep," he explains. That's when you noticed he got teary eyes. He's lonely and you are too. Was it a year since your marriage? Yes it's been more than a year and it felt like you are both having your own lives.

You hold his face and kiss his cheek. "Baby, I'm sorry. You know that our schedules never matches," you whispered.

"I know," he says as a matter-of-fact. "But god, I missed your smile and everything about you." A tear escaped his eyes. You wiped it quickly and shushed him. The moonlight that lands in his eyes makes the moment a little sadder. It's so quiet that it makes your heart get nervous.

"Can I see your smile?" he asks. You smiled looking straight in his eyes. You chuckled, wanting to hide the tears that might fall. Ugh, this man, my man, makes my heart uneasy.

"Can I get a kiss?" he smiles. You nodded slowly and get closer to him as you give him a soft and gentle kiss. It was a brief kiss. After that, he kissed your forehead and said, "We don't even do things together anymore."

"Stop saying that. It makes me feel like we're becoming like the other couples."

"It scares me too," he admits.

You reached him and gave another kiss. You wanted to give him the assurance that you'll never turn like them. Hoping actually. You wish that time could permit more moments with him. The love is still there and it's still strong. But you're also afraid.

The kiss was longer. And it just all turned out to the way how he used to hold you and how you hold him. It was a moment of two people expresing how they missed each other. Amd it all ended up with Youngk being above you.

"Promise me we'll have at least three to four meals together," he says.

"And that you'll get home early and I'll wait for you before I go to work," you add.

He smiles a bit before leaning for another kiss.

"I love you."

"You're everything I dreamed about."

.

i'm back folks. ♡

-dontgosummer♡