44. beach | 성진

based on true story.

.

You munch on the last spoonful of rice of your lunch. You were the last person to finish her lunch on your group. And by group it meant to be the club you entered on your university, the Music and Arts club specifically. All the other members already went to bring their trays back to the cafeteria. And you were left alone with Sungjin across your seat.

The president of the club, main guitarist, vocalist, and the guy you adored so much.

He was finished with his food and he's busy with his laptop. Totally emgersed on the work he is doing or whatnot. You were having double thoughts of starting a conversation or letting him just do his work and you staring at him.

You were having a battle with yourself whether to talk or not. But it was totally clear that his visuals can't let you focus or even let you decide. He have these dark brown - nearly black - eyes that can melt anyone that would dare to stare with it. His hair that covers his forehead, it sways naturally. His peach plum lips that complements his whole features to a perfect combination. You were totally fascinated in his radiating attractiveness, that you almost forgot you were having an argument with yourself.

Finally finding the courage, you chose the former and started with a fake cough to distract him.

And he looked upfront looking at you. And again back to his laptop like he just checked who or what it was.

"Sungjin what are you doing?" you asked. He continued his work and answered, "Just searching about something," without looking at you.

You pouted in disappointment. He was ignorring your presence and he was not interested on keeping the conversation alive. He wasn't bothering at you at all. You felt sad but you have no right to. He was not obliged to give some attention to you for you are just mere club mates.

You stood from your seat and sitted beside him to look at what he have been searching. And it turned out to be that he was looking for a good beach to go to.

"Ah, you're going to the beach?" you asked. You almost told it like a statement but you changed your tone to a question to let the conversation going. But to your surprise, he didn't answer. He acted like he didn't hear anything or maybe he really didn't.

You sighed heavily. It saddens you how he acts today. Not cheerful like the usual. Not responsive like the usual.

"Are you going with someone?" you asked, trying to start a conversation again.

You noticed his hands suddenly stopped and started to fidget. "If I find someone I like. I'll take her there," he said.

And it obviously wasn't you. Because he wouldn't be talking about another girl if he liked you, at least. All the ignorance he throwed at you, you endured them all but this was a pang in your heart. But you tried to hide the pain you felt.

"Really? She's so lucky," you commented, plastering a sincere smile on your face.

And right at the moment he turned off and folded his laptop. And once for a while looked in your eyes after the conversation which felt infinity when he ignored your presence.

"Do you want to go to the beach with me?"

.

-dontgosummer♡