57. i can't wait | 도운

It was your break time when everyone kept talking about university and passing. It makes you nervous too. Even though you've reviewed for months for the university you dreamed about (which Dowoon - you're friend helped you a lot), it made you still feel anxious about the results.

You've been thinking of maybe having a break before entering college and just do some part-time jobs at restaurants as you figure everything out.

"Hey, the results are out!"
"Really? Did I pass the test?"

Everyone on the hallway was talking about it. You knew that they were seniors just like you and thinking that the result for Imperial University of Engineering Admission Test is already out makes you feel like having a heart attack. You convinced yourslef that maybe it was just a rumour like the other weeks when they said that the results were out.

Suddenly your phone rang and it was Dowoon. You answered it immediately.

"Hey! The results for ICUAT is already out! Have you seen if you've passed?"
he asked with excitement. You, on the other hand, is having rapid heartbeats because of nervousness.

"Not yet. I thought it wasn't real just like what they said the other week," you explained. You looked around and everyone was busy, looking at their phone to confirm if they passed.

"The site is up Y/N. Go and check if you've passed," he says. He had they hyped voice on the phone but you can't even think about how cute his deep voice gets so energetic because of the news you have just received.

"Okay, just wait a minute."

You ended the call and searched the site for ICUAT with shaky hands. Then you entered your name and application code at the portal. While it was loading, you were closing your eyes and praying hard. Finally you peeked at your phone and saw:

Congratulations!

Over the 100,000 applicants, you have passed the Admission Test for Imperial University of Engineering! Thank you for participating on the anual ICEAT. We hope to see you this incoming academic year!

Y/N
Second Priority: BS in Chemical Engineering
Student Number: 401192

Your hand were shaking even more. You called Dowoon and he answered right after the second ring.

"Y/N, so did you pass?" he asks enthusiastically. You're trying to say something but the tears of joy just keep on flowing and you can't talk properly.

"Y/N? Did you pass? I just sneaked out of my class to know if you passed. Please tell something," he says as he get more impatient.

"I passed!" you finally said.

"Oh my god! Yes, you did it! I knew it!" He says on the phone. He sounded so proud and happy.

"Thank you for all the help and reviews you made for me although you're really busy with college," you find to say.

"It's all your work, Y/N. You also had good grades so it's never a doubt that you'd pass it!" he says.

"But still, thank you Dowoon. And anyway, I didn't pass my first priority course so we won't be on the same college I guess," you said, with a little disappointment.

"It's okay, Y/N! We can figure it out. Right now, I just can't wait to see you."

"And by that you mean?" you asked.

"It means I'm happy to know that we'll be at the same univeristy. And that I'm excited to be with you," he says. Was he confessing?

"Are you free tomorrow?" he asks.

"Yes, school's gonna end early tomorrow."

"Let's get some coffee and visit the university to see the posted results," he suggests.

"Okay. And a little more explanation of what you said," you demand. He laughs a little and says, "Okay, okay. I'll see you tomorrow then. And I love you by the way."

He ended the call as soon as he said those three words. You chuckled and said to yourself, "I was going to say I love you too."

.

-dontgosummer♡