19. that type | 제이

From: Jaehyung♡

I have practice today, babe. I'm sorry. Let's just have our date on other day. I love you.

You fixed your backpack as you read your boyfriend's message. It's the first time he cancels your date and it's actually not usual for him to have a practice during Fridays. But you didn't bother because you have a competition next week so you need to practice. You're a gymnast in your university and Jae is a player of badminton.

You went to your practice room and your team mates were already there.

"Hi Unnie," they greeted. You smiled and waved at them. "Early, huh?" you commented. They just smiled and nodded. You started doing some warm up and stretches so you won't strain yourself during practice. After some time, your coach arrived and you all started your routines.

.

"Okay. That's good. Look at your turns," you're coach said as she watches you do your performance. And with one last turn, you finished your performance. "Okay, just always practice your turns. You're a bit unstable. Practice balance, okay?" your coach said. You nodded and smiled. You decided to take some break so you went to your locker. You drank some water. Looking at the pictures of you and Jae attatched in your locker you decided to text him.

To: Jaehyung♡

Babe, I'm in practice room if you're going to find me. Ily.

Walking your way back to practice room, your team mates approached you. "Y/N, are you going back to practice room?" one  of your team mates asked. "Yeah, you're headed there too, right? Let's go together," you suggested. They all said, "Ne~" in unison.

"Waaaah!" one  of your team mates said, shocked. She was looking at her phone. You and your other team mates stopped from walking and looked at what made her shocked.

"Jae from the Badminton team is your boyfriend, right?" she asked. "Yes, why?" you answered. "He's at some café near our university and he's having a blind date with the other universities's women athletes. And isn't this YoungK?" she said.

"What? YoungK is there? Isn't he your boyfriend?" your other team mate said the girlfriend of YoungK. "I'll kill him!" she said and ran somehwere. You were silent because of shock. That asshole.

You just smirked, amused at the thought. Fine, we're not in a relationship for a long time. We just started dating a month ago, but I never thought he'd cheat on me this early, you said in your mind, still not believing the picture you just saw.

You continued to walk to your practice room, now with heavy steps. Your team mates never bothered to ask you if you're okay beacuse obviously you're not. You're aura was so tense that they're scared to approach you. Maybe later, after you've calmed down.

Continuing your practice, it was hard to focus. You were distracted and you can't keep your balance.

"Y/N, empty your mind! It's already your fifth time to do that routine but you're not improving," your coach angrily said. "I'm sorry, I'll try harder," you said looking down.

"Unnie are you alright? You looked stressed and tired. Continue your practice tomorrow, take some rest," one of your team mates said.

"I'm okay, I still can practice. Don't worry about me," you said and smiled.

It was already 7:00 in the evening and you're all getting to ready to wrap up your practice. Suddenly, someone bursted in to the door. It was Jae, who's looking for you. As your eyes met, he smiled at you but you ignored him and continued your practice.

"Y/N, I've been contacting you but you're phone is off. You made me so worried," he said, holding your shoulders.

"Wow, now you care about me," you said avoiding his gaze.

"What's wrong?" he asked, puzzled.

"Nothing. It's just that you don't need to care and worry about me. I'm doing fine. Just go and take care of other things that are more important," you said. You're already making scene inside the practice room so Jae pulled you out of the practice room.

"Is it because of the blind date? I'm sorry. I know you'll never let me go. But I am indebted to Sungjin and he wanted me to go there. And I told them I have a girlfriend," he explained.

Hearing his explaination made you feel worse. It makes you feel like you're the one wrong here. He clearly said he's sorry, but you're just jealous. He should've not lied. It still makes you mad.

You didn't want to see him right now, so you made your way back to your practice room. Putting both of your hands in your jacket's pocket, Jae got a hold of your right hand stopping you from getting away.

"Talk to me," he begged.

"Just stay away from me. I can take care of myself. I need to practice," you said, maintaining your stern voice.

He washed his face with his hands and punched the wall in despair. "Alright, if you're gonna be this stubborn," he said and left. It hurts. But you managed to get back to your practice room.

.

You're still at your practice room even if it's already 10:00 pm. It was to tiring to just sleep and you wanted to avoid Jae so you didn't eat dinner at the cafeteria. Trying your turns again, the ribbon you're holding slipped from your hands. Another mistake.

"Goddamn it! How long should I do this routine to get it right?" you shouted. Jae was in your mind all this time and the thought of your arguement made you more distracted. You took a deep breath before starting your performance again.

You were doing great and you're already halfway until the end. Suddenly, the door opened and it was Jae. He's holding some snacks but you ignored him and continued on practicing. He closed the door and placed the snack on the table. You made jumps but then you fell because of the wrong landing of your feet. You were secretly taking some glance at him that's why you accidentally hurt yourself.

"Ahh!," you sobbed in pain. You removed your shoe and sock. The skin color has changed into violet. Jae immediately went to you and looked at your ankle. "Aish," he said.

He put some cold compress and massaged it gently. You looked down, ashamed on him but he was just silent.

"I know you want to practice and train to improve your performance. But don't overstrain and hurt yourself," he said while putting the bandage on your feet.

You looked at him. He felt the presence of your eyes on him so he looked up and met your eyes and said, "Promise me."

You looked at him. All madness gone. You can see his sincerity and care with his eyes. "I promise," you said. He smiled and kissed your forehead.

.

ok bye. ilysm.

vote & comment ♡

i love y'all // park's
-dontgosummer