28. pretend | 영현

Come over to my house. And please hurry up!

You read YoungK's message and got up from laying down from your bed. You were having a lazy Saturday morning. It's your day off and you decided just to be unproductive today. But as you received your long-time besfriend's message, you changed your mind. It was also kind of boring in your apartment.

You looked at the mirror. You didn't dressed up too much. You're wearing a white sleeveless shirt topped with a brown coat matching a brown mini-short. You let your hair down and put a light make up. And, you were ready to go.

Riding a cab on the way to YoungK's house, you texted him that you're almost there. After a couple of minutes, you arrived at YoungK's house. You were waiting at the high gates to open.

YoungK is a successful businessman now, but he lives alone in his big house. He's on the right age to get married but he's not meeting or dating any girls. You just thought maybe he'll get married soon because his mother has set couple of blind dates for him.

Finally, the gate opened. You went straight inside of his house. As you entered, a weary YoungK approached you. He was walking back-and-forth and looked like a crazy man talking to hisself.

"Ya, Brian! Have you gone mad?" you asked as you sat on the couch. He looked at you and stopped for a while. "I have a very big problem," he said.

"You always have a problem. You want my help aren't you? That's why you called me to come over?" you guessed. He nodded slowly. He wanted to say something but he hesitated. He tried telling you once more but he just stammered and the words won't come out. Annoyed, you yelled at him, "If you want to say something, just say it!"

He was startled by the sudden lecture from you but it actually worked. Finally, he managed to say something. "My mother is coming here today. She will arrive in about ten minutes. And I don't have much time but-"

"Just get to the point. Do I need to cook some food for her? Or clean your house?" you cut him mid-sentence.

"Do you have your lipstick with you?" he asked.

"What? L-lipstick?" you asked, confused. He nodded. "Yes. I have it here," you answered while looking into your bag. Then suddenly he pulled you from your seat and went upstairs. You were wandering where he was leading you at first but it turned out it was in his room.

"Give it to me," he said. You were still puzzled why he needed lipstick and why he pulled you into his room. Everything just don't make sense. As he reached for your lipstick, he took of his black shirt leaving him topless. He opened the lipstick and smudged it to his chest and neck.

"Ya! What are you doing?" you said, shocked at his action.

"You need to pretend to be my girl friend."

"No way, you creep," you refused but then he removed your coat and throwed it somewhere on the floor. He grabbed one of his shirt on his closet and made you wear it. You're shorts were really short that it looked like you weren't wearing one with YoungK's shirt on you. He messed up his hair and yours too. He put some of your lipstick on your lips and wiped it away in a crude way, making it smudgily.

"ARE YOU CRAZY KANG YOUNG HYUN? WHAT ON THE EARTH IS HAPPENING?" you yelled every word to his face but he was too busy doing his work. It was clear what he wanted it to look like if his mom is coming today, that you two had a make up.

"I'm sorry," he said. Suddenly, the door downstairs clicked opened that made the two of you jump out of shock. He pulled you to his bed and made you lay down. "Just stay here and pretend sleeping. I'll talk to my mother and that's all," he said, sitting on the corner of the bed.

"Brian Kang," someone called. Sound of heels stepping on the marble floor. It was clear that her mom wasn't the only person who visited YoungK. She is with someone that you are certainly sure that it is a girl. The sound of the heels became louder and louder, signifying they are coming nearer. YoungK finaly stood up and acted like he just woke up.

"Son," an old woman said, shocked.

"What is this? What happened to you? Didn't I said I'm coming today? And is that lipstick on your neck?" she asked continually.

"Mom, please lower your voice. My girlfriend might wake up," he said. You choked for a moment. If he had told me about this. I should've made a better plan. And if I'm just going to stay here, he should have just used pillows to make it look like a person is sleeping in his room, you whispered.

"Lies," her mom said. "I am not joking. You can look at my room," he said. It was silent for a moment but it looked like it didn't work because her mom changed the topic.

"That's not important. I want you to meet Go Se Jung, she is a heir of their company. The both of you are a perfect match. Please plan about your marriage soon," his mom said.

"Heol," you said, amazed at what you heard. You wanted to help YoungK so you stood up and wiped off the smudged lipstickon your lips that YoungK did.

"It's nice to meet you even if in this kind of situation," the girl said and bowed.

"YoungK," you called. Everyone looked at you shocked except for YoungK. He smiled like he won the lottery and you winked at him.

"Good morning Ma'am. I am sorry that we meet in this kind of scene," you said and bowed.

"Ugh," she said, not believing the show. She surely knows that you and YoungK are just acting because she knows that you've been friends with his son since his childhood.

"Are you okay? You should take some more sleep," YoungK said. "No, I'm okay and I wanted to say hello to your mom," you said.

"Brian Kang, I don't know what is happening but I'll set your marriage next month. Meet Se Jung tomorrow," his mother said and left with the girl.

YoungK sighed in relief as they got out. You went straight at his room and picked up your things. You fixed yourself and went out. As you went downstairs, YoungK is now busy making food. "You're leaving? Eat first," he said.

He looked so cool while cooking, mentioning that he was still topless. You nodded and went to the kitchen desk. "Food is not enough. My lipstick is expensive you know. And I'm in much trouble because of you," you said.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just can't marry someone I don't love or even know," he said. "And she's not even that pretty, I'm prettier than her," you commented. "You're right," he said and smiled.

"Your compliments won't be enough for your payment too!" you joked laughing.

"But what will you do? You're mother is still pursuing that marriage," you asked. You reached for the kimchi stew he made and sipped the soup before swallowing a mouthful of rice.

"Shall we get married tomorrow?"

You coughed at what he just said and quickly drank a glass of water. You cleared your throat for a moment and said, "Shall we? Where is the ring?"

You laughed at the thought but suddenly YoungK get something on his pocket which happened to be a gold ring with a sapphire gem on it.

"You can't back out anymore, soon to  be Mrs. Kang," he said and slipped the ring in your ring finger.

.

let me laugh first HAHAHAHAHAHA lol. is this imagine okay bcs i think it's so random¿ tell me if it's okay~

i love y'all // park's ♡
-dontgosummer