53. Keep Up

We are now sitting in cafeteria half of the day passed by doing literally nothing as most of the teachers were busy in some meeting with principal.

Jessica, Mike and others have joined our table as Bella invited them due to lack of communication between us from past month. Everyone is talking about graduation and who will give a speech and what it will be.

"How about we throw a graduation party!" Alice suddenly squeals.

"Another party?" Edward says in a bored tone.

"It won't be like last time" she replies remembering what happen when she threw a party for Bella.

"We have never seen your house" Jessica says shockingly. Alice suddenly goes quiet and a pain expression takes up on her features. 

She is having a vision.

Before anyone can question Bella quickly start to talk about graduation distracting everyone. I look over to see Edward with the same pained expression as he reads her thoughts. This can't be good.

"What happen?" Bella quietly asks Alice, she just smiles at my sister and turns towards me giving a look that says we need to talk.

After lunch,  Alice as she like to call it, 'borrows' me from Emmett and takes me to the Cullen's.

 Alice made me ditch half of the school without anyone noticing.

"What's wrong?" I ask Alice as we enter the house. Esme is quickly by our side, "Everything okay kids? Why are you both not at school?"

"Victoria" Alice mumbles under her breath but loud enough for us to hear, I look at Esme in horror.

I make Alice sit onto the couch, and Esme and I sits on either side of her.

"What about her?" Esme asks as she rubs her arms trying to sooth her.

"She is coming," she looks at me "She wants revenge."

"Revenge? Revenge for what?" I ask with hint of irritation in my voice.

"For James, she wants to kill you and Bella to make Emmett and Edward feel how it feels to lose their mates" she rants as she places her head in her hands.

I hear Esme take a sharp breath, "Does she know that I am changed" I wrap my arms around her.

 "No, I don't know I can't reach her thoughts it not safe here, at least for Bella" she looks up to me. "We will figure something out" I nod at her.

-/-

Right now Bella and Edward are on their way to Arizona whereas rest of us are standing in forest waiting for Victoria. I look down at my feet getting uneasy by every second. I feel Emmett lace his hands with mine and giving it a reassuring squeeze. I look up to him, he is looking in front with a blank expression on his face. I give him a small smile. "She is here!" Alice exclaims.

"On our left!" Alice screams as everyone start to run in the direction. Emmett start to run by jumping from tree to tree whereas rest of us are running on the ground.

Me being the fastest I start to push my legs faster.

After few seconds I see a blob of red, "I see her!" I say as I start to push my legs faster. Emmett almost behind me, I grasp a branch and swing myself closer to the red head. When I finally get closer to her I jump on her back making sure she doesn't see my face, Alice said when I am using my vampire side my human scent is masked so she won't be able to recognise me plus she will be focus on escaping us so her smelling won't be hyper focused. 

She throws me off of her back, I roll on the ground to lessen the. impact of the fall. I quickly get up to catch up to her and within seconds I was right behind her again,  I grab her arms and throw her on a tree.

She quickly gets up as she sees Alice rushing towards her, she again begins to sprint, pushing her legs faster this time, we all following her. She jumps over the creek towards another path. Now running parallel to us. I am about to jump towards her but I hear howling and a pack of wolves are now following her.

It's the wolves territory.

Clearly wolves are not able up to keep up with her.

Ugh.

I have to do something. As I am about to jump on the other side I feel a hand on my chest giving me a slight push making me fall on the ground on my back. I look up to see Emmett jumping towards the other side but a black wolf jumps on him and throws him in water.

I quickly get to my feet and stand next to Emmett. He is huffing out with anger throwing glares at the black wolf. "Emmett lets go" I say as I place my hand on his shoulder as his blood shot eyes look up to me. The black wolf growls at me, making Emmett hiss back at him "Come on Em it is not worth it".  His red orbs slowly turning to gold but I can see he is still pissed at the wolves now glaring at us instead of running behind Victoria.

We look in the direction where Victoria ran off, "She escaped" Alice confirms making me clench my jaw in anger.

He scoops me off my feet, carrying me bridal style and starts to dash towards where we came from. We reach the house, other following us behind. Emmett hasn't put me down even after we reached the front entrance. He carries me to his room, throws me onto his bed and slams the door shut.

He buries his head in croak of my neck and I feel him sniffing. I giggle as his nose brush against my neck, tickling me.

He looks up to me, his eyes back to normal and a mischievous expression gracing his face. "Em" I try squirm away his grasp but he takes both of my hands and pin it above my head with his one hand. "Em don't" I warn him in a serious tone but giggle escape my lips as he start to tickle me.

"St-Stop! Plea-se!" I say between my breathe, "Say you love me" he makes a pouty face. "No I won't" I say as I continue to giggle uncontrollably, "Okay then, you and I can do this all day" he says.

"Okay! okay I LOVE YOU!" I scream, laughing, he stop tickling me but keep me pinned underneath him. "I love you" he mumble before capturing my lips. We pull apart after few seconds, "Impossible i love you more." "Not a chance" he grin at me, "Oh really?" I raise my brow at him, he nods at me. "Then prove me" I whisper against his lips as in swift motion he wraps my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck and we are flying out of the window.

———
Status: edited