36. Selfish

I hear a very annoying beeping familiar sound.

I squint my eyes and slightly open them and the brightness rushes in making me groan. I hear a whoosh and cold fingers interlocks with mine. Weirdly my brain didn't paid intention to it and I look up to see the that alien like creature making green lines going up and down, again.

Oh it is my heartbeat.

I take in my surroundings, everything is white.

"Emmett" my voice barely audible, as I look up and see Emmett. A sad smile on his lips.

A sense of deja vu invaded my brain. I try to get up, but he places his hand on shoulder and shakes his head no.

I furrow my brows at him.

He leans down and kisses my forehead, his cold lips comforting me in every way possible.

He removes his lips and mom walks in, "I am glad you are both okay" mom sigh in relief when she sees me.

Wait a minute both?

Bella!

"Whe-wh-where is Be-Bella?" I question trying to sit up but Emmett lightly pushes me down again with a stern look on his face, "Don't you dare to get up lady" he says in British accent yet in a stern way, it made me smile and I nod at him.

"Don't worry Bella is fine she has a broken leg and little blood loss from the fall where as you young lady have a broken rib and cuts here and there plus when you fell you re-opened your wound on fore-head. Which apparently I know nothing about" mom sits and gives me annoyed motherly look next to me, "Fall?" I question her, "Don't you remember? That you took Bella falls impact when she slipped from the stairs which resulted in you being falling from the glass railing and hitting you head on it" she explains and I quickly nod at her not letting a thread of suspicion leave in her mind.

"I'll let you two talk" Emmett smiles but mum stops him, "No you won't, you saved her. You are part of the family now for me" mum gives him a motherly smile. I grin at Emmett who is looking at my mom in astonishment.

I pat the bed space next to me and he slowly nods, he takes extra pillow from the couch and place them on my left side and he helped my left side over it as he slightly sits over the edge of the bed.

I look at mum who has her phone out.

"Are you texting mom?" I ask amused, "Yeah, and what's both of you problem with my texting? Huh?" She raises her eyebrow then starts to laugh.

"I'll call your father, and tell him that you are staying with me now" she says as she get up, "No-no I wanna stay at Forks and you know Forks has always been my home" I shutter trying to get up but Emmett holds me down giving me a glare, "Bu-," "Nothing but mom I am staying at Forks and that is final" I say looking her dead in the eye, I cannot imagine staying away from Emmett, "You both are so alike, I'll call your father informing your arrival" she sigh walking out.

"You know it's not a bad idea" Emmett leans in kissing my forehead again, "Nuh uh you are not getting rid of me ever, you are stuck with me as long as I am living" I bring my hand slowly and caress his cheek.

"Promise you'll never leave me Tara I don't kno-" "I promise I won't, I love you too much to leave you" I grin up at him at which he pecks my lips making me pout, "Hey! Kiss me properly," "Trust me as much as I want too, I can't as doctors said any problem with you breathing can be problem" He explains.

"I am way too selfish to let you go" He sighs, "So am I Mr Cullen, so am I" I smile at him but I hold my pinky finer out, "Promise?"

"Promise my love."

———
Status: edited