39. Wait For Me

Listen to Photograph by Ed Sheeran while reading this chapter.
———

I wake up with an arm tightly wrapped around my waist and a head in my neck. I try to shuffle out off his grip but only it got tighter.

"Don't go" He nuzzle into my neck  more even if that is possible.

"Em I need to go to bathroom." He removes his arm from my waist allowing me to move.

I walk towards the bathroom and do by business.

In the middle of brushing my teeth I hear a knock, twisting my arm behind I unlock the door. Emmett steps in and wrap his around my waist, "wut yer you dowing?" I ask with the bubbles inside my mouth. He laughs and I give him the toothy grin, slightly spilling the contains of my mouth.

"Happy Birthday love" He plants kisses on my neck.

I quickly wash my mouth and turn toward him, "Thank you" I peck his lips.

"You know I had so much planned for you but after you know what happened yesterday" he sighs.

"Hey it's okay, maybe next time okay?" I smile, he gives me a lip pressed smile.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He looks down making me worry more.

"Emmet what is wrong?" I ask him slowly.

"Umm" he starts but stops, "Umm?" I say signalling that he can continue.

Without saying a word he picks me up bridal style and jumps of his balcony and in less than a minute we are sitting on top of our tree.

"Edward wants everyone to move" he says shakily, "What do you mean?" I knit my brows together.

"Edward wants everyone to leave the Forks for a while" he says clearly, "Why?" I close my eyes trying to control the tears.

"What happen with James and yesterday with Jasper, he wants to protect Bella. He thinks it his his-our fault that Bella got so much hurt and for some reason Carlisle agrees but I think its more of that he knows Edward is not in right mindset." he lets out a breath.

"How long?" I question him my voice shaking slightly.

"Honestly I don't know love but don't worry I'll definitely write you every weekend" he nuzzles his head into my neck.

"Weekend? Just weekends?" 

"I am sorry love but Edward has strictly said to leave everything behind without telling and having no contact whatsoever because he doesn't want to risk Bella" Emmett rolls his eyes. 

"But why do you have to go too" I lace my fingers in his hair.

"I asked him the same question and he said that if even one of us stays behind and Bella gets to know about it, it will be hard to get away from her and the lie will come in the spotlight" he presses his head more into my neck.

"What lie?"

"Edward is kind of breaking Bella's heart otherwise she won't let him go, he will tell her that it was a mistake he get to know her. Edward told me to the same to you, but I can't, I love you way too much. Call me whatever you want but I can't see you getting hurt because of me" he kisses the nape of my neck.

"So you are actually going" I let out a shaky breath, he nod against my neck.

Involuntarily tears start to spill from my eyes, "Hey hey don't cry baby, I love you and will always will till I am walking this planet, and I will write to you every weekend. If I could I will write everyday but I can't like I said Edward won't let me and  hopefully Edward will come back to his sense and don't worry I'll try to come as soon as possible." He says and I nod in understanding.