40. Reckless

It's been a two week since all of this went down, Bella is miserable so am I but not that much now. At the beginning days Bella cried every night an day and I shut myself into my room laying on my bed looking up at my ceiling for hours, even though I know he will come back and he loves me, I have hope but Bella doesn't. 

I can't even imagine what she is going through. I am this miserable after knowing the truth, and after what Edward said to her. She told me everything what Edward had told her, I was boiling with anger. I was about to tell her truth but those golden eyes flashed in my mind and stopped me.

I can't, I promised him.

Like Emmett said he writes me every weekend, there is always a note on my window. And sometimes I even felt arms wrapped around my waist when I am sleeping. I don't know wether it's the dream or reality.

I stayed up the whole night to see how these notes gets here. But it never came as soon as my eyes shut for a minute, I hear knocking on my window and my eyes shot open to see the note.

Today, me and Bella will finally be going back to school.

After seeing mine and Bella's state, Charlie called school about our absence.

Charlie has been supporting, which was a great help.

Bella is eating again not much but yes enough to keep her going, slowly her dark circles are vanishing.

We enter the school, everyone's eye was on us. Whispering things which they don't know even know nothing about.

"What are guys looking at! Mind you own business!" I snap loudly at them at which they all look down and their feet and start to walk away.

I hold Bella's hand and walk through the crowd.

I leave Bella in her biology class and I go in history class.

I take my usual seat in the back and focus on what teacher is teaching. My eyes land on empty seat next to me, I clench my fist trying to control my tears that are threatening to spill out.

Rest of the day goes in blur, right now I am sitting outside with Bella and Jessica, Mike, Angela and Eric are bickering about something.

"I would like to go" I hear Bella say.

"Are you sure?" Angela places her hand on Bella's in comforting manner.

"Yes I am sure" Bella nods and give them a small smile.

"Would you like to come?" Erick places his hand mine and gives a flirty smile, "No I won't" I snap at him removing my hand away from him, "and from next time don't touch me" I mumble loud enough for all of them to hear and I walk away.

Me being emotion and on my period not a good mix.

But thank god it is last day of it.

All my sadness is turning into anger.

I have free period now, so no one would bother.

My eyes trail towards the mountain and without a second thought my legs carry me towards it.

-/-

I am half way up. I sit down on the grass huffing out, trying to get my breathing even.

I really want to get up to our tree but I can't, it is too much of a hike. I place my bag down near a tree.

I lay down on the soft grass, closing my eyes.

"Hey" I hear a whisper near my ear, I quickly snap my head in the direction, but nothing.

I lay down again and let all the emotions out I have, I start to cry uncontrollably.

I miss him so much. I don't know how long I'll be able to stay strong.

"I miss you Emmett" I cry out loud.

"I miss you too love" I hear whisper again, I quickly stand up, grabbing my backpack and walk towards the sound of it.

I wipe my tears and walk near the trees where I think that sound came from.

When I reach there, it's nothing just trees creating a canopy over a beautiful grass patch.

It is official I am going crazy.

I place both my backpack down and myself down on the patch and lay down.

I am so tired of everything, I haven't properly slept in weeks, I have to stay strong even though I am falling apart inside.

I really miss you Emmett, I really do.

With that golden eyed vampire on my mind, I fall asleep.

-/-

I open my eyes on the sound of my phone going off.

I press the green button and place the device on my ear.

"Hello?" I say but there was no response

"Hello?" I say it again.

"Who the fudge is it?" I say getting angry by the minute then my heart skipped a beat when I hear a very familiar chuckle.

"Em-Emmett  is-is that you? I miss you so much" I say and silence falls through the call. "You don't have to say anything but can we please just stay like this for five minutes please?" I pathetically beg and to my luck the call doesn't cut. After few second, involuntarily tears start to flow and I hiccuped. "Baby" I hear a small mumble almost a whisper, not sure wether I hallucinating or not.  I see the call and only ten seconds are remaining. 

"I love you so much" my voice barley above a whisper and then line goes dead.

I look up to see the number but to my luck it is a private number.

It was Emmett.

A small smile play on my lips and probably this is the happiest I've ever been in these past few weeks.

I quickly scramble to my feet and walk towards the parking lot.

As I reach the parking lot I see that Bella's truck is still here, they must've taken Jessica's car.

I get into the truck and fish the spare key from my pocket and insert it, bringing the truck to live and I start to drive towards home.

-/-

"You did what!?" I scream at Bella.

"I wanted some kind of rush so I went for it" She looks down at her shoe.

Apparently when tonight she was out with Jessica and other guys, she pulled a stunt by siting on a douches bike, because of whom Bella almost died.

"Bella that is so reckless what if something happen to you?" I say trying to stay calm.

"It doesn't matter if something happen to me, as if anyone cares" she huffs out.

"We all care about you" I place my hand on her shoulder and give it a light squeeze.

Instantly she wraps her arms around me and start to cry, "I am sorry, but I wanted to see him. He only appears when I do something reckless" she starts to cry more.

"It's okay Bella, it's okay but please don't do anything like that anymore" I say and she nod.

We pull apart and wipe her tears, "You are so strong" she mumbles under her breathe and gives me a small smile which I returned with my huge grin which made her laugh.

———
Status: edited