52. Cheater!

I walk downstairs to see Charlie doing the same thing he always does, reading a newspaper while sipping on coffee.

I sit in front of him and his eyes shot up to me, "Well you are awfully early."

"Yeah just couldn't sleep more" I quickly make an excuse as I grab a piece of toast from his plate and start to munch on it.

After finishing the toast I grab my bag and phone. I hear a very familiar horn but it's from around the block, Emmett is here.

 I start to head out.

"Where are you going?" Charlie asks.

"School?" I say but it came out more like question.

"Your school doesn't start like in forty minutes" he keeps the newspaper down by folding it nicely and folds his arm over his chest.

"Emmett is picking me up, we gonna grab breakfast" I roll my eyes. "Well I don't see him" he says and walks towards me. I hear a tire noise coming to stop just outside the door.

I open the door fully and point towards Emmett's car, "See he is here" I say in a matter of fact tone. "Well I need you directly at home after school, remember you are grounded" he says and I groan in response before shutting the door behind me.

I rush towards Emmett's Jeep and he is leaning towards the passenger side door to open it.

I slide in and peck his lips, he places his one hand on my thigh and other on the wheel and starts to drive towards school.

-/-

He parks at his usual spot, parking lot empty as no student are there heck even school building is locked.

We get out of the Jeep and head towards the mountain.

"Race you to the top?" I question giving him an amused look.

"Oh it's on!" He dashes without saying anything else leaving a hush of wind beside.

"You cheater!" I scream but start to run giggling like a little child.

"Woo hooo!" I scream jumping from rocks to rocks.

I see a blur moving, "Gotcha!" I scream as I start to run faster and in seconds I am running parallel to Emmett both of us having a huge grin plastered on our faces.

I see our tree in distance and start to skid so I don't hit it but I see a blur rush past me. I slowly hit the tree bark with my foot lightly making myself come to a stop.

I look up to see Emmett with a proud grin on his face.

"Not fair!" I stomp my feet making dust whirl around me for a second or two.

"Well I reached first!" He argues back with a grin.

"Because I didn't want to, you know hit the tree and end up unrooting it!" I fold my arms and pout at him.

He chuckles and jumps down landing with a thud.

"You need to work on how to control your speed, when to stop and stuff" he says adjusting his imaginary glasses like a teacher.

"Yeah whatever" I grumble. He picks me up on his back and I wrap my legs around his waist.

"You know I can perfectly get to school on my own" I say.

"I know but I am not going to let you because I just wanna have an excuse to hold you and I never letting you run on mountains or climb yourself because I love holding you" he says and start to run towards school.

———
Status: edited
A filler chapter? And when Emmett says oh it's on I imagined David Dobrik's character from angry birds 2😂.
-🌟