Episode 22(Too Perfect)

"Th-this ring?" I immediately took off the ring and dropped it in my bag.

It doesn't even look like a normal ring that I could make an excuse.

"for safety?" He asked in case.

Wah. Whatta man..

"Yes. For safety. .. for a moment I thought you'd misunderstand me." I smiled and sighed my cold sweat away.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you said you were taken, cause I never expected that a beautiful girl like you would be single in the first place." his pure and soft gaze tend to take my heart a half way to Havana .

Fcck, Am I being the bad guy duh here?

"Um, you are kind of embarrassing me.."

"Am I? .. sorry."

A moment of silence again. We had ordered a plain lunch that reached our table by then. The confusion was - Shall I start eating or what..
He was still shyly sitting not saying a word. I was also sitting partially blushing but staring at the food that was on the verge of getting cold by now.

"Why aren't you starting? it's getting all cold.." I was the one to suggest.

Then we finally start to eat. I was careful not to scare him by my appetite. So, I prettily ate the salad and half of the rib-eye, sort of showing that I love my figure and would keep it that way.

"So, was it our day one?" He hopefully asked with a smile.

"Umm, perrr-haps." I replied tilting my head to the right.

"Perhaps." He looked down with a melting smile revealing his dimple which had my heart crashing inside. Oh my gosh. I finally got my first boyfriend and that too after my marriage.

We decided to walk by the beautiful lake beside our office.

I felt him being twice as nervous as I was. Like I were dating a younger kid. He was too pure for this world I guess.

"Is it ok for me to hold your hand?" He muttered with a low voice thinking that he'd get a slap instead.

Boy, I don't deserve you.

"You are so cute."~ I mumbled under my breath . But didn't answer his question. So he also didn't hold my hand. He's such a gentleman who'd respect my space. And I'm already falling deep.

We parted while entering the office. He knew that I wouldn't love to hear people gossip about us and specially if Jungkook gets to now.

It was half past three, and Jungkook is probably still in the meeting. I reached the room to find it empty.

Ah. I should've ate more. I feel hungry already , how am I supposed to work upto dinner now?

I sighed an amount of air and revised the schedule for Jungkook. Again he had the table turned into some world war .

By a clean side of the table, there was a bag. I was the curious cat, so I peeked in. The paper on it said, 'To my first prior, incase you get hungry while working.'

The bowl of Black bean noodles brought a big smile on my face. And not wasting a second I started swallowing in the food.

Just the moment when I was busy filling up my mouth, I saw Jungkook standing in front of me with a disgusted expression. My eyes turned broad seeing him crossing his arms leaning against the wall giving me odd looks. Excuse me. I continued to eat normally. But my normal eating is Eating like an animal. The noddles got finished within the next minute.

"You didn't get yourself lunch yet?" He sat on his chair sort of relaxing.

I gestured a 'No' with my head. Then cleaned the table. I was afraid of getting caught so I stayed silent as he unbuttoned three of his buttons lying on the chair, closing his eyes, cooling himself.

"Aren't you curious about Taehyung though?" He spoke, still relaxing on chair.

"You guys kissed or what?"

"No,..not that far. He held my hand.." he blushed like an idiot.

Seeing his expression, I couldn't help but laughed out loud without any other context.

"Why .. why are you laughing?" He pouted .

"Dude, he holds my hand quite often too..what's the big deal.."

"Um, he holds hand of any person quite often?"

"Not just any..... um, yeah he likes to stay close with everyone."

"I'm ok, at least I'm someone he likes to stay close with."

I sighed mumbling that he won't ever change.

- - -

"I'll be home late. You don't have to wait up, I have the keys." He set me off work.

"Why do I think that you are going on a dinner with Taehyung?" I raised an eyebrow with doubt.

"Because you have a good IQ." He agreed.

"Omg, wtfkqbshwixnxalksbx.. are you kidding me?"

"Ahdhwkxuwosndbkw. No, ma'am."

———————————————————