Chapter 20 - accidents happen

CW/Tw: non consensual kiss towards mid way of this chapter? I'll place a star for when it's about to happen.

  Spoiler: Dw not from Loki or Tony , for anyone worried😭

Tony peered his head through the crack of the door, checking on Y/n. Who had already fallen asleep, tear stains on the pillows and the duvet half way down the bed, so Tony made his way over. Tucking them in and planting a kiss on their forehead. He was worried.

Was Asgard really the right place for y/n?

He left y/ns room, wandering around the tower. Dark and cold now since Pepper went off to bed, only the sound of eerie silence as starks machine were asleep too. He would stay up for a while, just incase the god appeared, in a threatening manor or worse, Loki steals Y/n. 

Tony at least wanted a reasonable explanation and apology to y/n before he'd even consider handing them back to Loki.

Hours quickly blended into one, and by the time Tony realised it was morning and y/n was up. They seemed happier then they were, however their face pausing as they realised what Tony had done. "You look exhausted. Have you not slept?"

He shook his head, "it's fine I'm fine. Worried he'd come smashing the windows throughout the night and kidnap you." Dragging his hand down his face.

Y/n wandered to the elevator, motioning for Tony to follow. Only recently Y/n had been only on the party deck of the tower, well today would change as they jabbed at the buttons. "Where's the kitchen?" They raised a brow. Stark pointed, "right there" pressing it.

As it travel down, y/n continued the conversation. "He wouldn't do that."

"How do you know?" Tony said almost immediately. "He brought an entire army down to earth, all because he wanted to be a king."

Y/n sighed, still salty about that... of course they knew what Loki did would never go away, although they were fully aware that Loki had changed. Maybe not so much since the Grelod situation.. but y/n knew he had better intentions and a devotion to Asgard and sometimes them..

"Believe it or not. He's changed and you know that stark, he literally stayed here and had a conversation with you!" They exclaimed.

"Doesn't mean that, out of anger,  his puny ass wouldn't break into my home and steal you!" Tony argued back, raising his voice and coming to stop just as the elevator did. Y/ns eyes drastically changed, their mouth agape.
He realised what he did, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout. I care about you y/n and I don't want to lose you to someone who's dangerous"

"But I'm also dangerous Tony. To the point that if someone tried to kidnap me in my sleep I'd wake up. I'm protected by it."

  The voice, the power.

Y/n continued, "yeah at times it's been a struggle with control. But ultimately if I'm in danger, it will automatically react."

Tony's eyes lit up as he remembered something.

"How's the.." he pointed at his nape, thinking of the right words, "the device."

Y/n shrugged, taking a seat, while Tony began to make coffee and breakfast. "Almost killed me." They replied.

"Do you want it off?"

Y/n froze. Thinking of the cons and pros. They weren't actually sure for the first time, where as if you had asked y/n who worked under shield they would've said yes. "Not yet." Their words came to a shock to Tony.

"You aren't dangerous y/n.. and I know you think that but you don't need it." He tried re convince them, however it wasn't happening.

Y/n smiled, "I guess. But it keeps the powers under control, and I don't think I'm ready to just let it loose."