CHAPTER 8- guilt

EDITED 1 July, 2020 - Edited 10 June 2021

Edited 10 June 2021

You were guilty for her death, tears staining your cheeks as you sobbed and stared at the non existent blood on your hands; Loki will hate you. The voice spat. As you realised you couldn't hide forever, you needed to pay respects at least and see him.

Sighing, you walked to the funeral that was being held for her and all the fallen soldiers- although, you stayed in the shadows avoiding contact with Thor, Jane and Odin.. hiding from your mistakes. What you didn't get was that you felt the fury and power surging inside, and if you used them now they'd worked - but they didn't work for Frigga. It was a reminder that you weren't in control still.

You left early , so you wouldn't burst out sobbing. Taking your time though to wander the Empty hallways and down to the cells. The god's room had turned into a mess, he was in his own state of grief- facing away from the cell barrier while he stood in a pile of mess.

Your voice began to tremble, "I-I'm sorry", your knees felt weak, as his cold eyes locked onto yours.

You were scared of him. "Why do you mourn if you don't even remember her" he spat. Your heart began to pound, stuttering on words- he was angry, and so were you.

You couldn't stay calm even if the conversation just started, why should you be blamed for the static memories? - "why should I not mourn?"

"You didn't know her" Loki claimed. Your mouth dropped, painful that it was true.

"I may not remember her well, but she was here for me when no one else would tell me the truth. She saved me from that pathetic so called father of yours."

Tips of sparks bounced out of your fingertips, crackling as you ranted at him. You didn't realise of how easily pissed off you were or that you even had your powers activated.
You scoffed, folding your arms, "you know. She believed I could bring out the good in you"

Let go.
Where were you? We let Frigga die!
I told you, and?
AND? I was relying on you to stop him!
Then stop relying on me.
How? when you're the one in control, does it bring you joy?
It does. Because you get to suffer.

Your facade of being scary broke immediately. You were silent for a good 2 minutes, arguing with that stupid force, to Loki you looked crazy as you zoned out- only your facial expressions moved and tears welled up. He was overly curious so broke into your mind.. How many more people will have to die because of me? You asked yourself, all because you couldn't use what made you most powerful. You weren't even powerful, just flawed with a curse causing destruction day by day.. - "y/n, no I'm sorry."

He stood with a sad smile plastered on his face, breaking you back into reality as soon as you began to pace around.
"I'm sorry i blamed you. You deserve to mourn too."