Chapter 29

847

"Soldiers! Set hut!" Shadis shouted. Here we go again at HQ, getting new cadets. I stand tall a little behind Levi. Since he was now captain. We've been here since early in the morning. Giving lectures about survey corps.

Thankfully, I got a part of being "captain", second in command wasn't bad at all. A little less pressure on me.

I stared at the new cadets that were below the stage. Levi didn't tell me who he choose and I wasn't allowed to suggest people. I didn't know why but I just kept with it.

I only hope that our new squad wasn't as bad as before "I'm proud to the soldiers that made it this far, you have my salute" Shadis said

"As you may know our captains so far.... We have Captain Levi, Hangi, Erwin, Mike, and the bald guy"

Some people stared at me and I knew what they were confused about. What the hell am I up here? Well only if they knew.

"Hopefully , you all have been chosen to be in one of these squads. Please go back to your barracks and you will be told then" he commanded

They all walked away going to there barracks. I let go of my stance and sigh "I swear standing there for an hour is a pain in the ass" I say holding my neck from the back.

"How do you think I feel?" Levi asks dully. Erwin coming toward us and smiled "Levi, ready to become a captain?"

Levi made a straight face and turned away "Yes"

Erwin made a straight face to him and then smirked at me "Well I'm proud of the place you took Kusaki"

I smile "Me too"

"How are you since your last squad?"

I look down "I learn from mistakes" I say coldly.

Erwin nods "Don't we all"

I see Mike go behind Erwin and say something "Oh? Excuse me Kusaki, I need to go. I'll see you and I also have to say something to you and Levi"

"A-Alright" I stammer, watching Erwin and Mike walk away. I turn to Levi "Let's go to our barrack and get ready for your new squad" I say walking off the stage.

Levi following me and we got on our horse. We moved barracks because the new captain got ours. It was a little bigger but it was farther.

It was so far that we had to get horses for it. It was just a 5 minute ride but for walking it was 10 minutes.

I got on my white horse and Levi got on his black horse. We both started to ride on the horses. For some reason Isabelle flashed in my head.

I smiled with the smile she would give me when she rode a horse. I was a little behind Levi. Levi was on his horse with a dull face. I think the sight of a a horse disgusted him because of the feeling he got of Isabelle.

"Slow down" I say to my horse, as we reach up to the barrack. My horse slows down and stops, I jump off and dust myself off.

"Ready to meet special operation squad?" Levi asked pulling his horse to the den. I pull my horse along side him and laugh " 'Special operation squad'? "

Levi's nods "That's what the squad is called, since we are now known to be skilled"

"Wow, I feel very... Special"

Levi chuckles and opens the door to the den. My horse went with his because apparently the other horses in the den were "filthy" and Levi didn't want my or his horse to get sick.

We walked to the barrack and opens the door. I saw the new soldiers there already. With there sack full of whatever you needed.

"Captains!" They all said and saluted. Emphasized at the end of "Captains" also sounded confused for two captains.

It was four of them.... A girl with short blonde hair, a guy who looked pretty old for his age, another with a mustache and a blonde short ponytail, and another with black hair.

I look at Levi, with a dull face and then back at them "I'm sorry, Levi over here didn't want to tell me who was going to be in our squad... Can you introduce your selfs?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm Eld Jinn. It is very nice to meet you" he saluted

The girl with short hazel hair walked up and saluted also "My name is Petra Ral, It's nice to know you will be my captain ma'am!"

"Oh I'm not your captain" I say shakily "This guy is" I point at Levi with my thumb

They look at him and saluted. They sure do salute a lot. They seem to have more respect for him then my other squad did.

"My name is Gunther Shultz, I have a lot of respects for both of you.

The old guy then came up to us and looked at us with disgust "I'm Oluo Bozado, I'm not very delighted to be here but.... It looks ok" he says highly.

I sigh in annoyance and roll my eyes "Were not delighted to have you either" I say under my breath.

"What did you say, girl?" He looked at me, like if he was the king and I was a peasant.

Levi walked between us and grabbed him by his collar.

"Around here, we keep shit clean and I do not want anything wrong to happen between us as captain and cadet. And if I see someone like this asshole" he looks at Olou "If I see someone like this asshole touch Kusaki.... I'll hurt you"

They all were scared out of there wits and saluted again "Yes, sir!"

++++++

In the afternoon, I decided to cook some soup. Levi was a little heated from before so he said he was going to be in his room if I need him, probably doing paper work.

I was with the other cadets talking to them and joking with them "So may I ask you guys a question?" I say looking at them.

They all were sitting down with there waters and I was mixing the spices in the soup.

"Why were you guys so respectful to Levi? I mean it's not s bad thing but it's really surprising"

They all look at each other with nervous faces, Gunther scratches his head and nervously laughed "Well, we heard about how you and Levi being thugs.... We heard you guys were mean captains" Eld said.

I laughed and looked at them, still with horrified faces "You really believe that?" I asked.

They all nodded slowly "It's true about us being thugs but the mean part is all a load of shit" I chuckle.

They all chuckle and smile a little, except Oluo. Who was still mad about the fact of Levi, who was smaller then him, told him off.

"I think the soup is ready" I say pouring there soup.

I serve each of them soup and look at them to see there reaction. I look at they all smile with bright eyes "Kusaki this is great!" Petra smiled

"I've never tasted something so good!" Eld shouted.

While they were eating I also poured a berry juice and served them that too "Kusaki, I'll eat or drink your dishes anytime" Gunther smiled.

I smiled back "Thank you"

I saw Levi walk in from the hallway "What smells good?" He asks looking at me.

"My famous soups I would make" I smiled at him, serving his bowl

"Great.... I missed this soups, you don't make it as much" he says sitting down with his tea and drink the soup mannerly.

Eld put his tea up and gulped his soup "To being special operation squad"

I looked at him confused. How did he know that? I brought my drink up "Special operation squad!" We all shouted except Levi. Who just smiled.

I looked at us. How happy we were. I knew for some reason so etching this year would happen. Something with this team would happen big.

Isabelle and Farlan flashed in my eyes. How happy they would be to be here, also giving a cheer.