Chapter 15

After the long day of our expedition we finally hit a stopping point. It wasn't a luxury castle but it was good. Torn down... but still good.

Everyone was unpacking from the cart we protected. It had our food, clothes, 3DMs, etc. I put down a sack of things I brought with me. Which was just clothes.

Farlan unpacks and sites on a pile of bags "Man, never thought it would be that easy to take down a titan" he yawned leaning against the wall.

I sat myself down and close my eyes and listened "There faster then I thought but if I can take one down, I can handle it" Levi says while I hear him going through his bag.

I hear footsteps/skipping come by and I can tell it was Isabelle.

"Ha ha, even the "invisible Levi" still prevails" Farlan scoffs

I can hear Isabelle stretch "Yeah, because big brother is so strong!" She says joyfully.

"If Levi sticks with us, it looks like we'll be able to go back home" Farlan says.

"Yeah but if a large group of a abnormals come out, I don't know.... Anyways Farlan and Kusaki" Levi says

I shoot my head up and look at him "Well for the first time your really quiet" Farlan says "What's wrong? Did you hurt yourself out there?" Levi asks with his dull eyes.

"No, I'm just tired" I say quietly.

Levi sighs and looks down and up at me "If I find out your hurt, I swear I'm going to walk out of scouts"

"Levi, I'm fine!" I say viciously.

Levi ignores what I say and continues "Do you really think Erwin has those documents on him?"

"Yeah, I'm sure if it" Farlan says looking at Levi "I snuck into his room and tried to look in any suspicious spots. I looked in every inch of his desk but didn't find any document related to that. I looked at one of his drawers and there was a key. I thought why would a guy like Erwin leave a key here. I looked in that same drawer and found nothing"

"Maybe Erwin has it on him, maybe even right now" Isabelle says opening something.

"Farlan looks down and thinks "Yeah, he probably brought it beyond the walls but...."

"Maybe he is tricking us.... To think that he has it on him.... I don't know what trick he has up his sleeve but it's gonna be hard to figure it out" I say

"That's why I'm saying to get close to him...." Farlan says

"I did.... Like what you said but every thing seemed off. His place wasn't suspicious and I couldn't find anything either" I said

"Oh, that's right! You and Erwin created the gun, right?" Isabelle asks eating her food

"Yeah, we did" I says softly.

"But if Erwin was really trying to hide something from us then, old man Lobov should of found some type of clues by now" Isabelle said thinking about it.

Levi looks at Farlan "How much of that old mans information can we trust?" Levi asks

Farlan looks at Erwin and the other captain that were passing by and talking "With the exception of our reward, he would lie, would he? Erwin did ya we were going into corps and here we are...

"Whew, I was worried for a while. Wait, what if he I'd just saying that to get us arrested?" Isabelle goes back with a worried face

"From a nobles point if view we are just trash. If he really wanted us to get in trouble, he wouldn't get himself in this trouble either" Farlan said with his knees touching his elbows.