Chapter 19

Year 844

It's been a year or less of being into the recon corps. Erwin decided that me and Levi become captains of our own squad since not to many people came back from our last expedition.

I was getting my squad.... Today. Unfortunately, Levi rejected the "being a captain" thing so he decided to be part of my squad. I felt so good about controlling his little ass.

We sat in our own little squad barrack of our own, that was cleaned spotless for our new cadets coming in. The one we chosen are pretty good.

It's 3 of them. One, is a girl named "Alissa Cartnger" her skills were pretty good and she looks sweet with her brown pigtails and hazel eyes.

Two, is "Jerak Leanmine" he was really broad looking. He had a really thuggish and silent look. A big guy who had messy orange hair and green eyes.

They third one was also a girl. I met this girl but she is really rude. I didn't like her but Levi liked her skills. I did too, but the attitude got to me. She had suspicious eyes with black hair and grey eyes. Her name was "Lealy Hesher"

I sigh as I put down the tea that Levi just made "Ready for the new cadets, commander?" Levi asks dully

"I told you not to call me that..." I sigh with annoyance "What if I'm not a good captain? What if they die? I can't take that again...." I wine looking down with a little girls face.

" If they die, they die" Levi says as he sits down with his tea in his hand "Levi!" I shout. I see a little smirk go up "I'm just kidding" he says softly.

"Damn.... Now you have me thinking" I say sadly. Levi puts his tea down and looks up with his crossed arms "You'll be fine"

I look down in thinking it's been a year since..... They were gone. I couldn't imagine us still here, together.

We would've been the best team. It would be nice to have that experience with them. Hell, Farlan could've been captain.

Instead, I became captain and also that Hangi girl did too. I never really talked to her after that night we had a full conversation with us.

I stood up to get the thought out of my head "Maybe there waiting for us at the main area, Shadis is probably making a fucking speech of some sort" I say walking past Levi.

"A lady captain.... Having a mouth of a man? Wow" Levi jokes. I turn to him as I open the door "Shut the hell up" I laugh

Levi.... Has been a little loosen up. I mean loosen up as in, more talkative, sociable, and jokable. Except when he's around people, he gets into this commander mode.

I walked in the area with the rookies and I heard Shadis from the distance. Erwin, was in the distance watching him.

Since the last expedition, Shadis took Erwin spot because now Erwin has a better level of command. I can't say which.

"Ahhh the group I was looking for" I hear as I walk in trying to get a spot out of the way. I turn my head and see Shadis staring at us with his hand behind his back. I standing my spot with no reply.

"Cadets! This is Levi and Kusaki, the two best soldiers with skill better than all of you in here. Better yet! They had no training of any sort, that they picked up from us! I want you to learn from them. Luckily, one of you will be chosen to be in their group!"

I wave my hand "Thank you, Shadis" I say with a smile trying to not look nervous "Come up here to claim your cadets" Shadis says

I walk up the steps and go next to Shadis. I look at Levi who was besides me and he just had a straight face.