Chapter 44

Levi and I woke up and were supposed to report to Erwin's office as always.

We had the whole plan for the next expedition but it was a little different. Which was a little dangerous, especially if we get new recruits.

We were on the horses going back to our barrack but Levi seemed a little distant for some reason.

"Levi?"

"Hm?" He said simply, not caring. I sighed and looked forward "What's wrong?"

Levi didn't look back at me "Nothing..."

Really? Nothing? "You've been quiet, is it about the expedition?"

"....no...."

"You hesitated" I grinned. Levi finally looked at me "Its a little trick, don't you think? It's too dangerous for everyone"

I nodded "I guess it is but we have to follow it, now that we know we can conquer the Titans"

Levi nodded "Also, are you going to Erwin's speech?" Levi asked trying not to look jealous. I have to tell him, about Erwin after the expedition or he'll freak if he finds out somehow.

"No, I don't want to go but.... I don't know" I sighed as we were getting close.

"Assemble!" Levi shouted as we came close to the horse shed. Eld, Gunther, and Eren came with salute.

"Everyone get ready for our recognition. Eren don't you dare step two feet away from me, your lucky ass is here because of me. Hurry!"

"Yes, sir!" The saluted.

We all left but I know I had to go to the speech but how would I sneak out if everyone is so out today.

---------

While Levi was doing some stuff and talking. I had to sneak out. He's like a cat that never wants to leave you but oh well.

When I got there I saw Hangi and some other soldiers "What'd I miss?" I asked.

Hangi looked at me "KUSAKI!!" she shouted as she hugged me.

Everyone looked at her and shushed her "Sorry, sorry" she bowed.

Erwin was finishing his speech and you could see that there wasn't many kids. He probably gave them the best but scariest speech.

In the crowd I saw Mikasa and Armin. They both looked a little unsettled and didn't know for sure.

I passed Erwin on the stage and jumped off "Mikasa! Armin!" I shouted.

I got down and hugged them. They seemed so horrified and shocked. I shook them so they can snap out of it.

I stepped back and looked at everyone. I looked at Erwin for permission to talk. He nodded.

"Hey guys! Thank you for choosing Scout Regiment and I know you all are scared but if your put your mind to it.... I guarantee you will not die... So loosen up for gods sake and follow us to your barracks"

-----

By the next month we taught everyone the expedition form, the usual one and the one we were gonna use.

At first everyone was scared but then they started cooling down and got used to it.

The fact that they have a tombstone hanging over everyone's heads, ready to drop.

Once they got there capes that's when they all feel like a hero.

Today we had to gear up for the expedition tomorrow which was a pain in the ass.

I hated the fact that everyone I talked to today was probably gonna be the last.

Thankfully we didn't have any of the new recruits, I couldn't deal with them dying under mine or Levi's command. I know Levi couldn't take it either.

"Kusaki, this plan is risky and anything can happen. Please.... Be carful"

We both laid in his bed. We always slept together before expedition like it was our last, which we shouldn't even have negative thoughts.

"I swear, nothing bad will happen" I said a little hesitant. Cause you can't make a promise for that.

"Kusaki"

"Hm?"

"Promise me that"

"Promise you what?" I acted stupid.

"Nothing will happen" he sighed.

I didn't want to say it but Levi made me

"I promise... Nothing will happen" I lied.