Chapter 27

On that day we all had to get some rest. This thing was the most tiring day. That was one of the problems

Our other problem was that citizens of other walls got pissed at us. For not "helping them" and not being "protective" which was a load of shit.

Most of those citizens that complained were the rich people. As usual. They always worried about there own shelter. The rest that didn't complain, actually, they thanked us.

Right now I was going to my barrack. The same barrack that me and my squad was supposed to go back to.

Instead, it was just me and Levi. I noticed Levi was bummed out too.

"Kusaki, I don't want you to become a captain...the responsibility of becoming one is too risky for you"

I look at him and then look down "You really think so?"

He nods "Yes, not because of your stupidness but also becasue I don't want you to have so much in mind. Just see this as a favor" he says trying to sound mean.

I sighed and felt Levi's hand go on my hair and mess with it. He got his arm around my shoulder "I'm happy I didn't loose you" he said under his breath.

I turned red and tried not to show it by looking the other way. Levi opened the door to the barrack and there was Erwin and Mike sitting there.

"Commander Erwin" I say, Levi moving his arm away.

"Kusaki, I heard the loss of your team, I'm truly sorry. I should of kn-"

I put my hand up, making him to stop talking "It's fine, I should've known.... It was my mistake I'll never do again. Sory commander for not having my responsibilities ordered"

He cleared his throat and looked at Levi. Levi gave a shrug face and Erwin looked at me again, a little dumbfounded.

"Sir, I want to request that I hand my job to Levi. I don't think I can deal with being a captain.... I just can't...." I say sadly

With no question, he quickly says "Of course....but I think it'll be a little later until Levi gets his next squad.... I will now go, I just wanted to come by" he walks past us and Mike does also.

Before Mike leaves he sniffs loudly at me and Levi. Then smiles, the same creepy smile. I gave him a nervous smile.

Leaving the barrack, we were there in silence. Levi quickly grabbed my head, is this a hug? me, out of nowhere.

"Levi, what is-"

Levi sighs and looks at me "It's just.... I needed to feel your warmness again. What I saw today was disgusting"

Levi lets go and walked in the hallway "I'm taking a shower, me killing titans was so dirty" he says walking away.

I heard the door shut and the shower turn on. I sigh and went to the kitchen, I got the tea and started making it.

I finish the tea and serve myself. I bow my head to the table as I sat down. The hurt of my friends dying was.... Still hurtful.

Not even getting to say goodbye to Lealy. I just left her with no command or anything. I was too busy doing my own selfish deed.

////FLASHBACK////

We were feeding the horses. I couldn't believe how long it's been since feed the horses. I heard footsteps come to me "Captain Kusaki" I heard a voice

I turned around and saw Lealy "Yes Lealy" she comes closer to me and is carrying a bucket full of carrots.

"Horse like carrots too, you know" she say feeding the horse and patting it.

I smile "I learn something new everyday"

She smiles and then gets a sad face "Kusaki.... Can you do a big favor for me"

"Sure!" I say happily.

I see her get into her pocket and pull something out. It was a little creased and messy but I can see a picture of her and Sayram as kids.

I push her hand back and make a shocked look "No, your not going to die Lealy..."

She giggled and petted the horse again. Making a warm smile to the horse.

"I know I'll die, doing what my brother did. I took that photo from my mom. The only picture she has of us. I'm sure she doesn't want it to be in a titans stomach or burnt"

I was getting emotional and I nodded. I looked at her meanly, trying to give a sign that I didn't want to.

"Please, take this favor from me"

//////////

I stood up from my chair and walked to my room. Levi sounded like he was putting on clothes and I locked my door to change.

All I wore was some black skirt and a white muscle shirt tucked in. I then unlocked my door and went into my bed that smelt of detergent.

When I pulled my cover over me, a gush of detergent air went into my nose. Levi was a girl when it came to washing crap.

The door clicked of the sound when it opened and I snapped my head to the door. I see a dark figure walking toward me and whisper "Kusaki..."

My eyes had a clearer focus and I saw Levi "Levi, you need to knock" I whisper.

"I know" he replies, he pulls my sheets over and goes in the bed with me

"Levi...?!" I shout with shyness

"It's ok, we slept like this when we were kids" he says

"Yes I remember, but remember the words you just said... Like the fact that we were just kids!"

"Calm down ... I told you that I've been wanting your warmness right? Please quiet down..." He faintly says

"Wait, I need a shower.... I have titan blood all over me..." I say

He pulls me closer to him "I don't care..."

I hear his breathing get harder and then I can hear that he's softly asleep.

"Levi?" I whisper

I shake a little to see if he was awake "Levi?"

I heard soft breath and he didn't answer.

I closed my eyes, trying to go to sleep myself. I couldn't believe my squad died. A year of training all gone.

It's not that I'm being worried about only the training they did. I'm just sad about the dedication and passion they had.

I should've gave them orders. I should've done something before I even left. Right now, I have to keep going with my life.

It won't be the last time....