Chapter 16

We were all in the classroom. The classroom were they teach what they know about titans and plans.

I see Erwin bring up a huge map and hang it from the board. He gets out his stick and point at it. It had weird shaped thing around it.

Even though I helped build the flare gun, Erwin still didn't say shit about the formation "This is the long distance scouting formation"

Everyone looked at it with either confusion or amazement "The difference from other formation is that everyone will be separated into divisions.... The main reason for a new formation is to enhance our scouting skills...."

"There is a way of communicating since we are going to be far from each other.... I would like Kusaki to explain what device we are going to use for communication... Kusaki..." He says looking at me

I was on the first row of desk and I quickly shot up my head "Oh- uh" I stammer around and I walk down.

I see that the flare gun was on the table next to Erwin. I grab it and turn around with the flare gun in my hand. I clear my voice and look in everyone's eyes of wonder, including Levi's.

"Ok, ummm this is a device we had bearly made a few months ago but.... We call this a flare gun, it's a gun that sounds like a cannon but shoots out smoke with color. Each color means something.... The red means.... Uhhh" I turn around to look at Erwin

"Ok, in the first section of the formation which is right here..." He point at the area that was around the outside of the circle "The first group will shoot off there flare when they see a titan....

"The second group will catch the smoke and shoot there own flare gun.... Of course with the same color.... It will be continuous of the red flare gun until it reached the middle...."

"In the middle will be the commander.... Kusaki, I think you know" he says looking at me.

"Oh yes, once the commanders see the smoke, they will shoot there color which is green. It will shoot in the direction of which you will move..."

"I get it now" I hear Farlan say

"Also, there will be an emergency color of black, which means to retreat.... That will probably never be used" I say looking back at Erwin "I believe that is it"

+++++++

"Ok I know, that you guys know the plan by now.... But I was informed of our position in the formation... We will be here" he says pointing at an area to the right

"We are row four. We will carry extra horses but mainly focus on the relay. Don't forget that we are outside the walls. A titan can come anytime, so expect the unexpected" he turns to us and looks at us.

"Then again I'm blessed to have well skilled cadets.... Don't forget not to screw up in anything. I hope other divisions won't screw up either. So proceed with caution, alright?"

"Yahoo! It's my time to shine!" Isabelle jumps "Hey Isabelle, this isn't always about how skilled you are" Sayram says passing by "Do you even get the formation?"

"Uhhhh duhhh, yeah I do now, because what ever I didn't get in practice was beat into me..." Isabelle says

"Alright, shut up. I hate to say in all honesty, the situations the survey corps find are pretty disgraceful. For tax paying citizens, it goes without saying but the expense of surveying beyond the walls demand a large amount of money. The scrutiny put upon the survey corps and other military branches are relentless" Fagon explains

"Woah, so I guess everyone in the military don't really get along?" Farlan asks with crossed arms and against the wall.

"Exactly, the reason is because no one can find shit about the titans" Fagon snaps up and puts his hands in a fist "But this formation, has potential to change the future! It will absolutely make a success of being a new order!" He says victoriously.

Sayram and Isabelle salute with confidence "Yes sir!" They say in unison. Fagon sighs and goes to Isabelle

"Magnolia? Still can't do a proper salute? Do me a huge favor and don't humiliate me again" Fagon sighs

Isabelle looks down at her hand and looks dumbfounded.

+++++++

It was night already. The day has come to an end. Everyone was almost saying goodbye to each other when they said "Good night" because no one knows who will die.

"Damn, the formation is well planned, I don't think we'll be able to reach Erwin. Even were our position is. We will surely stand out" Levi sighs as he sits up.

All this time he look worried as we all laid down about to fall asleep "Even if the plan falls apart somehow" Levi says doubtfully.

"We should just give up looking for those document" Farlan says picking his head up "I agree" I say also looking at Levi

"The chances of us not being notice is small..... We can't do it" I say "Guess you do stand out...." Levi agrees.

"Now, we have to figure out how to get home safely. We came all this way for nothing...." Farlan says sadly.

"I also agree..... If those documents are really that important. I wouldn't want to stand in there way....." Isabelle says looking up

"Wow, those candies were really that good?" Farlan jokes "Wha? Who said anything about candy..... They were good..." she says faintly

"Shhh, your being to loud!" Farlan he hisses as Isabelle. Isabelle rolls her eyes and looks up "I.... I understand why they want to go outside the walls. It's the same feeling we have when we want to get out of underground city. They have the same feeling of leaving as much as we do. We had so many friends that die and dream of living on the surface and I would look at them and think 'Damn, I'm getting the hell outta this place'" she explains.

"So.... It's like going beyond the walls to kill titans?" Levi ask looking somewhere else "Yeah" Isabelle smiles

"Hey big bro..." Isabelle says getting on her tummy to turn and look at Levi. Levi turned his head to her "I don't know if this is weird but.... After I watched everyone train, I just felt like everyone should go beyond the walls until they fight the last titan.... Fight more and more...." She says with the sack covering her mouth

"Don't you feel the same, Kusaki?" Isabelle turned to me "All the time" I say

".... And once we live in the surface, we can steal as much as we can from those bastards. We can buy whatever the hell we wanna" she says laying her head on the sack.

"Serves them...." She says faintly. She falls asleep quietly as we watch her. Farlan stood up from the ground and scratches his head.

"Okay, before we start talkin about giving our hearts up, we need to get a plan about getting those documents" he sighs.

"Let's not talk about that right now" I say. I feel a chill go through my spine and I start chittering. Levi looks at me and brings throws his blanket at me.

"Levi... Your gonna get cold" I say softly. Levi lays down and closes his eyes "I'm really hot in the shitty uniform" he sighs

"Thank you" I say and lay down putting the blanket on top of my other blanket. Farlan also lays down and sighs "Tomorrow is going to be a long ass day" he says faintly.

I closed my eyes thinking the same thing.

Thinking about who I won't see anymore and who I would see with probably no arm..... Or even lose a head. I thought about maybe losing Isabelle, Farlan, or even worst..... Levi.

Making me think of this was the worst feeling. I had this feeling of throwing up. Making me feel like shit.

I closed my eyes tighter and just ignore the feeling.

I never even thought I would die.

Tomorrow I could die.

---------