Chapter 21

It was the early mourning routine. Wake up, wash up, dress up, cook, make sure others were awake and go to training courses, or other things they commanded me to do.

Today, thankfully, we were at training courses again. I think they made us train more than before. Maybe the reason was because last years expedition.

I just finished my training, fast and quick. 13 miled training course, finished in 5 minutes "Ok! You and that idiot Levi, have a week off" Fagons voice shouted in memory.

I smiled in the voice he shouted at us with. I remembered our days that we fought and made up. Fagon was like another big brother.... Literally.

"Hello Captain Kusaki, may I speak with you" I heard a voice behind me. I jump out of my day dreaming and turn around.

"Oh! Erwin..." I hold my chest "You scared me"

He smiles and chuckles "I'm sorry, may I speak with you?" He says walking already. I guess he really wanted to talk to me.

I look around to check if Levi was watching. That weirdo had a deep jealousy when it comes to me and Erwin. Didn't know why, but I would be too, I think.

"Yes sir, of course" I say happily, walking beside him.

"As you may heard through whispers within the facility, that we might have an expedition next week. I'm going to say that it true, but I have news that I order you to follow" Erwin says seriously.

I nod my head "Of course, sir" I say looking at him un-patiently.

"I do not want you or your squad to go to the expedition, I don't think your squad is ready. I don't think you are ready"

"I'm perfectly stable to handle next weeks expedition" I say looking at him, trying not to loose temper.

"No, your squad is not physically ready. You are not emotionally or mentally ready. Imagine, if your squad dies, you would go into a rage....Which I don't want you too"

"I-I think we need to try" I say loudly "I don't want my team to feel left out, while others die"

"No, Kusaki you even know that your squad isn't ready, don't you?" He asks

I look down with guilt "....I-I guess..."

"Good, you will stay here. Except...." Erwin look off and sighs

"What?" I say, I look at him with a horrified face. I had that little scared feeling again.

"I want Levi to come" he says

"No! It's not fair that I have my team here but Levi goes! I don't want him to die!" I shout clenching my fist

"I had a feeling you would say that.... That's why I'm putting him in my group for the expedition"

"I don't give a crap if he's in your group.... Don't you remember last expedition?! Everyone died! We were lucky to survive" I shout

"Well, it's not your decision to make, it's Levi's. I will talk to you as soon as he gives me an answer back on the question"

"You told Levi?!" I ask

"Yes, I informed him yesterday"

I grunt and turn around with tears ready to fall "I swear, if Levi dies I'll never forgive you!"

I start walking off. I hear Erwin stammer and then walk away. Damn him! Damn him to hell! I swear he keeps killing off everyone.

I have to talk to Levi. Levi has to say no. He will say no! Right? He should know that I wouldn't allow him, as much as he wouldn't allow me.