Chapter 5

Hello people.... I got no reads but no worries

I'll get so thing, like my last book...

Enjoy :)

-------------

It's December 1st. I know Levi is older by 1 year. He is now 11 and I'm 10. On December 15th I'll turn 11, but on December 25th, he will be 12 years old.

By 12 years old you have to decide if you want to be in Scout regiment. At 16, that is your finally decision to go in scouts. At this way of growing up, nota lot of scouts have respect for people from underground. Maybe we won't have a chance.

Ever since I was 7 and I met him, I knew he was a really mature boy. For his age. At the years growing up with him, he always said he was going to scout regiment but right now it's not a thing he looks up to.

I still want to join but it seem Levi has grown out of it. Him and me were very close as kids but it seems like he is not as protective.... I'm guessing it's because me and him get into fist fights and we are best at it.

Levi truly taught me how to punch a big guy. I liked the feeling of winning but I know Levi doesn't like being called great. It seems to burden him. He scoffs and walks off, every time I compliment him.

We started to live in a small house we built little by little. Right now we were trying to find some food. Food was seriously scarce in the Underground.

"I think I got something here" I say looking at a loaf of bred from a building. I was hanging upside down from the stand. Levi and I were on the roof top. I bring myself up and look at him.

He was looking at something else with his arms crossed "Ok, I'll hold your legs to get it" he said coming towards me.

I nod and hang myself over again. I feel Levi's hands grab my ankle "A little lower, are you sure you can do it?" I ask

I hear him stuttering a little "Kusaki, your gaining weight" he shakes. I wiggle a little, hovering over the loaf of bread "What do you mean!!??" I say moving around.

I feel a little loose and I get a mini heart attack "Damn it, Kusaki the food now!" He says panting. I grunts and I grab the food. He quickly pulls me up and I help pull myself up with my one arm.

My other arm holding a loaf of bread. I look at Levi who looked like he just ran a mile "I'm not that heavy!" I shout. I pout and then look at the bread. I brake it in half and give the other to Levi.

He grabs it and lays down. I lay down also with my half bread in my right hand. I take a bite out of the dry bread. Making a noise as if a piece of paper was being torn.

"Kusaki, hurry and eat. Before someone sees us and we get caught" I hear him gulp the last part he had and he stood up. He brushed himself off. I hurried and ate my last piece.

I stood up "Let's go then" I say with food still in my mouth. He turns around and we jump off the building. We got on the dirt road and walked around like any other person.

"Hey you kids! Your the little thiefs!" A man shouts from the distance. I turn around and see a fat man with a bakery form. Levi look at me and starts running. I run with him "Crap" I say under my breath.

Levi and I were running as fast as we can. I looked behind us and I see the man running fast with other people. The fat man ran pretty fast for his weight. I turn back to Levi and his back was face towards me.

"Over here" he says turning in an alley. I turn with him into this little alley. Levi and I sit down behind this trash can and hear the people run past us. I hold my breath and then start pant again.

"You two are in trouble,huh?" A man voice says behind us. We both jump back and look at the man "It's ok, I won't kill ya kids.... If I did, I would kill you right now" he says coldly.

Levi and I stand up, we give him shocked faces not knowing what to do. The man started laughing "Y'all kids faces are 1 in a million... I'm just kidding" he laughs.

The man comes to us closer, showing his face "I'm Kenny Ackerman" he says laughing and being his hand out.

Me and Levi were scared at first but I brought my hand out "I'm Kusaki and this is Levi" I say looking over at Levi. Who had a annoyed face already and turned

"If you'd like, you can stay at my place" he says smiling. I gulp and look down "Sorry sir b-but we bearly know you..... You know what mom says about strangers... Wat-"

He starts laughing "Mom? You two don't have moms.... I know who you two are" he says. I look back at Levi who was looking at him with an angry face "I know that you want to become a soldier" he says

I look at him with a horrified face. How can he know that? I've never seen him in my life "I over heard you while you stole that bread.... I'll say you two are a pretty good team.... It could work for scout regiment.... Damn, it can work for being the best in that industry. I think they need more kids like you two" he says

"You were in scout regiment?" I ask. He sighs and leans against the wall "I was in the same place as you two but I chose military police" he says with a little guiltiness

My eyes jumped in thought. I was thinking maybe he can help us but I'm afraid to ask. Before I even said anything, it seemed like my mind spoke out "Can you teach us?!" I ask happily.

Kenny smiles "Of course...." He says. Levi look at me with 'are you freakin crazy?!?' Face. I ignored his face and looked back at Kenny "When can we start?" I ask

He looks up and then back at me "Mh, tomorrow.... But today you can come to my home and see what a 3DM looks like" he says. I smile "Yes!" I say happily. Levi comes to me and whispers "Kusaki, this is a bad idea" he says

I look back at him "Levi, let's just see for ourselves" I whisper back at him. Already walking behind Kenny. Kenny Ackerman was a short man with a slim body.

I looked up and down on him. Detailing every move he makes. Maybe if he hurts me, I can learn something about his way of walking. His hand looked rough. Which men the handled with knives.

I didn't know if he was a killer but maybe... Just maybe he was.

++++++

We got to his house which wasn't big because it was just him. But it was a damn better house then what me and Levi had. He turned to us and pointed at this little room "You guys can sleep there" he said firmly

I nodded and turned to Levi who looked at me with a dull face "Tomorrow, we will start" Kenny says

"Of course we will start with the basics. So don't expect the best tomorrow. You will also follow my rules... Like right now is lights out... Goodnight" he says lightly. Turning around and leaving into the darkness.

I looked at Levi and smiles "Isn't this great?!" I ask happily. Levi shrugs and walks into the room we are supposed to sleep in "I guess it is" he says softly.

I walk with him into the small room. Not much but I see a small hole to look at the moon. Our beds were on the ground. I moved my little mat next to Levi's. He seemed annoyed but he was used to it.

He knew I didn't like sleeping alone. I always slept with my mom and dad but now I have Levi. He scooted over a little and turned around with his arms crossed.

I laid next to him and I heard him give out a big sigh "Kusaki, I'm only going along with this because I think we might make it.... If not then I don't know what I'll be when I grow up, ok?" He says coldly.

I lower my eyes and then close them "Ok, goodnight" I sigh

"Goodnight,Kusaki"