Chapter 8

The underground became more and more like shit. More criminals, more fights, more thugs. It was not safe at all. Years have passed living in this shit hole

Food was really scarce. At the beginning I wasn't but now.... Not even rats can lay there little hands on a piece of bread. Levi was grown up.

He also changed. More and more mature everyday, not social as before, and more firm about things. We still didn't have place to live. We would sleep on whatever we thought was safe.

The underground also became dirtier. The smell of shit blinded our noses. Levi hated the fact that we were down here. At my age of 18 and his age of 19, we were supposed to be in scouts by now.

But since Kenny left, the dream left with him. We now were the idiot teens who were looking for food, like shity rats that we were.

But now we were here. Surrounded by 6 thugs. Big thugs, can literally be known as titans. They all smiled at me psychotically "Wow, a sexy girl following a sorry ass pipsqueak, what is up with teenagers?" the bald guy said.

Levi looked at them with a straight face. I was faced him but my back was against 3 guys. The bald guy who I saw in the corner of my eye came up to me and quickly slapped my ass.

"What do you say you hang out with us, hunny" he chuckled. I chuckled and clenched my fist. I heard Levi give a few steps to punch the hell out of the guy "You fucki- " he gritted but I snapped my eyes at him which made him stop.

I twirled around with strong energy going through my arm into my hand. I punched him as hard as I could. Right under his chin. It made that pervert fly.

I heard the other guys gasp and then clench there fist "Get that bitch!" He shouted. Levi quickly kicked one of the guys who were coming toward me and it made him stop breathing.

Another guys grabbed me and pulled my up and I quickly kicked the guys knees. Which made him go off balance and I loosened my arm from him and elbowed his nose.

He snapped his head back and let go of me. I saw already 3 guys were down. Including g the two that I got. The only one was standing there like he was gonna piss his pants and then he got his fists up.

I smiled and looks at Levi, who was looking at the guy dead in the eye. I knew what he was thinking right away. I heard the dirt that rubbed against my boots. I started running and I saw Levi running with me.

I got my left arm up and Levi got his right arm up. We let out a scream and punched him in the face. We watched as the guy fell to the ground.

I heard someone grunt and I snapped my face to the guys "Shit, there waking up" I say. Levi looks around "We gotta go"

"Hey! You guys! Up here!" I saw a guy pull out a ladder and swing it over the building "Climb this!" He said pointing at the ladder.

Levi looked at me "Can we trust him?" He whispered. I smiled and chuckled "If he doesn't help, we can beat his ass too" I say already starting to climb the ladder.

I felt the tug come from below. I looked down and saw Levi also coming "Hurry up" he said. I looked up and kept climbing.

I reached the top and I saw a hand pop out. I grabbed it and he yanked me up. I looked at the boy. The boy who looked about our age. He had light brown hair and hazel eyes. He smiled "Hi, I'm Farlan Church" he waves.

I ignored him for a second and turned to see Levi almost coming up. I pull my hand out and I pull Levi up. Levi turned to him and then at me. It turned to "Farlan" and smiled

"I'm Kusaki, this is Levi" I say looking at him. Levi was just there with a straight face "Thanks for the help" I say "No problem, I was gonna help you fight those guys but it seemed like you guys had it..." He scratched his head

He smiled nervously ".... You fought pretty good for a girl... You made that guy fly" he smiled blushing. I smile "Thank you" I hear behind me that Levi walked close to me and put his arm around me.

"Well, thanks" he said firmly but I heard some anger in his voice. Levi turned around, also pushing me with him "You guys hungry? I-I heard that y'all were looking for food so I th-"

"That'd be great" I say turning around with a smile. Levi got up to me again and I started walking with Farlan.

+++++++++

"So were did you learn to fight like that?" He asked looking at me as I eat some soup with bread. I chew my food and gulp it slowly "Levi, somehow knew how to fight, he taught me" I say looking at him

Levi was slowly eating but pushed his plate aside and started drinking his tea. Farlan smiled "Woah, you gotta teach me some moves" he said.

I smiled "He will, right Levi?" I ask turning to him. Levi looked mad... Not mad.... Jealous. At the second I turned to him he just gave Farlan a death glare.

"Sooo are you two together?" He ask bouncing his eyes to both of us. I choked in my food and looked at him "Yes, we are" I heard a voice.

Fuck. That dumbass Levi. I turned to him with confusion. He didn't mind saying it all and drank his tea.

I decided to go along with it and looked back at Farlan "I guess we are" I sigh. Farlan nods and smiles "You two seem... Alike" he says faintly

It became awkwardly silent and I opened my mouth with a smile "Well, thank you so much for the meal" I say

Farlan broke his silence and smiled "Your welcome, I'll see y'all around, Kusaki and Levi" he turned to us as he said our names.

He stood up and walked away. I turned to Levi with a angry face "What's up with you? He helped us" I say looking at him.

Levi leaned back with his tea "That asshole looks suspicious. He only bought food cause he thought you were cute. That's why I said we were together" he explained. I looked at him "Well, next time we see him. We have to pull that shit that we are together"

"I wouldn't mind" he says simply. My eyes jump and I blush. I try to ignore Levi's face and kept eating.

"Let's get out of here before that shit comes back" he said standing up. I take the last precise of bread we had and took it.

"I wonder where we are going to sleep tonight" I sigh as we walk out "We'll find out" he says. We sometimes can get a really good spot under the stars. The moon shines on us and even if we are lucky, there will be a warm breeze come through.

It's the only spot we can find to look at the stars. It was a big whole to the top. We layed on the soft grass that grew in that spot only because sun was only hitting that spot.

"We will be here tonight" he lays down looking at the stars "Kusaki, can you lay with me?" He asks not looking at me.

"What's up with you being all lovey dovey?" I ask him. Levi still not looking at me and sighs with his eyes closed "Today it snapped how lucky I am to have you" he says.

I looked at him with my eyebrow raised up "Why today?" I ask "Because, it seems like I never figured it, till now" he said lowly.

He tried to make it seem like he was whispering but I heard him clearly. I laid next to him with my hand on the side if me.

I hear some grass scratch noise and I felt something grab my hand. I look to my right in shock and saw Levi was holding my hand.

I didn't know if he was faking his sleep but it seemed like it. I smiled with warm cheeks and closed my eyes, turning my head back.

"Good night, Levi" I whisper