Chapter 1

On this chapter you will be 7 years old

Thank you :)

---------------------

Here I was. In the cold winter. I looked at the ground seeing each little snow flake fall to the ground and become one with the pile of snow. My eyes sadden when I see each snow flake go away.

I start moving my leg and put my body against the bench. I stretch my leg to kick the snow on the ground.

For a 7 year old I was small. The school I used to go to would make fun of me for being small. I didn't care of course. After kicking the snow which made it fly away from where I was, I brought my hand to my lap and pulled my self up.

I looked at my hand and I was wearing mittens. I buried my head inside the scarf I had around my neck. The jacket I was wearing was old. The last jacket I made with my mom.

The tears started to burn my eyes. I felt the tears run down my cheek. They were gone. Both of them. My dad, who loved making my little pigtails that I had to make myself this morning.

My mom, made my jackets. If they had holes or if it was too small she'd immediately make another one.

I looked up at the bakery in front of me. I see the little strawberry cake my dad always bought me. The vanilla cake with white frosting twirling to the top and on the top of the cake was a bright red strawberry.

///FLASHBACK///

Today was perfect. The dress mom made me fit me perfectly. The pink dress with blue little flowers all over.

I look in the mirror and make sure my bows on my two pigtails I had on each side of my head were perfect. The blue baby navy bows.

I looked at myself and smiled. I turned my body and started walking to the hallways that was outside my room. I heard my mom and dad laughing and talking.

I run to the kitchen with a big smile on my face "Happy birthday Kusaki!" My dad smiles. He hold out his arm and I run into them. He picks me up and I smile "I bought the cake you like" he whispers.

My mom turns to us and looks at my dad with a disappointed face "That was a surprise Leo" she says

Dad's face jumps and looks at me "I guess I can't keep a secret" he laughs and starts tickling my stomach. I give out a laugh "Dad, I can't believe I'm turning 7 today, but I don't feel different at all" I say

"Yes we all know how you feel. It's just a number" he says. I loved him. He always has the answers to everything.

My mom looks at us and smiles "Kusaki, you have to sit down so we can eat your cake" she says. I nod and my dad puts me down. I run to the table and I sit down.

"Oh, also Mr. Jäger is coming to celebrate your birthday" he says going to the kitchen and getting plates and spoons "Really? I can't wait" I say happily.

Mr. Jäger was my doctor. He was also really nice to me, really wise like my dad too. I swing my legs back and forth with excitement.

The next thing I hear was a knock on the door "Kusaki would ya open that up for me?" Mom asks while doing the dishes. I nod my head and walk to the door.

I tippy toed a little to get the door and open it. I peak my head over and I see the young face of Mr. Jäger "Hi Mr. Jäger!" I shout with excitement. He smiles and looks down to me "Hello Kusaki, Happy birthday" he says walking in.

I smile "Thank you! Daddy is coming right now, he went to get our cake" I say. He nods and looks at my mom, who has her back facing him. She turns her head and smiles "Hello Mr. Jäger, how have you been? How your wife?"

He bends down to me and faces my mother "Things have been good, I'm still waiting for my wife to get pregnant to have a kid running around" he smiles and looks at me "Kusaki, I brought you something"

I look at him with glowing eyes. His hand which was behind his back the whole time came out with a small box and a bow on top "Happy birthday little cake" he says softly.

I smile and look at him. I give him a quick hug and then grab the present "Thank you" I smile. I take the bow off and open the box. I see something silver inside. I bring my hand inside to reach in and bring it out.

A necklace dangling over my face and I see a shaped moon. It looked like a C and the edges where sharp. In the middle where 3 navy blue crystals. I look down "Mr. Jäger, I can't except this present, it's beautiful" I say

He chuckles "Of course you can, it's yours" he smiles. I loom at him and nod "O-Ok Mr. Jäger, thank you very much I love it" I say

He rubs my hair and stand up "Your very welcome" as he stands up my dad walks in "Ahhhh Jäger, how's it going" he comes up and starts talking.

I walk up to my mom and she brings her face to mine "Did you tell him thank you?" She asks. I nod and give her my necklace and turn around. Hold my hair up and I see the necklace go below my face and I feel my moms cold hands on the back of my neck.

I let my hair go and look at my chest. I see the beautiful necklace shine against the light. The loud banging comes from the door and I snap me head up.

"I'll get it" my dad says fixing himself. He opens the door and I see a man. The man with a uniform at the door. The wings of freedom on the jacket "Hello Mr. Greyven and Mrs. Greyven?" He asks

My mom walks to the door "Yes?" She asks with a little harshness in her voice "You have been chosen to fight with us beyond the wall, we are decreasing in soldiers so we want you-"

"Today we have to go? Right now?" My dad stops him. He nods "That's correct" my dad sighs and pulls his hair back. He looks at me and then at Mr.Jäger "I walk talk to you later about the experiment, and Kusaki" he looks at me and walks to me and bends down "I'm sorry sweety, we have to go, the cake is at the second Jorge on the top, for now Jäger will take care of you, maybe tonight or tomorrow Becca will come" he explain.

I look down and nod "I promise I'll make it up" he whispers. He brings his pinky up "Come on Kusaki" he says smiling. I nod and look at him "Promise you'll bring back another cake to share" I say with a weak voice and tears in my eyes

He nods "I promise"

That. That was the last time I saw him. The last time I saw her. The last time I celebrated my birthday with them

////////////

"Kusaki? Kusaki?" A soft voice said. It sounded like her. I snapped my head to the left and look at the woman.

She wasn't my mom. She had brown hair and my mom had blonde hair. I looked down "Yes" I say weakly. She bends down and puts her hand in front of me "I'm Emily, I will send you to orphanage with me" she smiles.

I nods and I bring my suitcase with me. I grab her hand and I start walking with her "It's ok Kusaki, I promise you'll be ok for now on" she says softly.

Promise. That's what my dad said. He promised. That word was like saying hate. Promise was the last word I didn't want to hear.

Promise.