Chapter 41

ERWINS POV
---------

It started as this. This is my story...

Your mother. Was the most beautiful, caring, selfless, and brilliant lady I have ever met.

She new her way around. She can be the rudest when you are not kind to her.

She knew who to take care of. She took care of the kids from underground, she loved them...

"Jayna?" I said looking through an old house. It looked like it was re-modeled.

"Erwin?!" I heard from the distance. I went through two rooms and saw her sweeping a room.

"Jayna....." I sighed "Me and Leo have been trying to find you" I said in relief.

"I've been here since morning" she wiped her forehead. She was wearing a nice skirt and a lose blouse, her hair was up with nice little curls coming down.

"Are you thirsty?" I asked. She had this face of relief "Yesss! Where's Leo?" she asked grabbing my bottle of water.

"We split to find you but he'll be here any-"

"There you guys are!" Leo shouted from behind. He came up next to me.

Jayna looked at us in a way "What?" I asked with a smirk.

"Nothing, you two look so nice in yalls uniforms" she smiled. Coming up to us and kissing is on the forehead. Having to tippy toe.

"I'll get back to the survey when my back heals, lately it's been good. So I should be there soon" she smiled.

"Jayna, you need a lot of time. You need at least a year" I said.

"You can't do that, you need rest" Leo said.

"I guess so... At least it'll give more to with the kids" she said happily. There... There it was... the selfless smile she had.

We both seemed to stare at her while she was sweeping. She turned around and laughed "You dogs are gonna stare and drool or help?" she threw some cleaning supplies at us.

----------

"Here" she said passing the bread to me.

I grabbed the piece and bit it. It was her soft bread she made that was so buttery and flavored.

We were in her house above ground. She had a small cottage for at least two. Usually I'd come here.

It was only me and her. We had been there for each other since we were both 12 years old.

"Erwin... Do you need to tell me something?" she asked.

I jumped out of thought and looked at her "Tell you what?" I lied.

"Leo told me that you need to tell me something important... I also need to tell you something"

Damn Leo "Yes but please tell me your thing first" I gulped.

She sighed and looked down "Remember that night we...."

"Yes..." I said. It was the best night of my life. I remember it like it was yesterday "Why?"

"Erwin.... Please do not worry about it when you leave.... don't let it be a burden to you. Please continue your dreams!" she bowed.

No... She knows? Wait.... it?! Baby!?

"Jayna how did you know? About my trip to the Kings palace?" I asked.

"Never mind that, please. Just listen and I know this will be a burden but.... I'm pregnant with your child" she cried.

I grabbed her hand and smiled "Jayna, your going to give me a baby?" I asked.

To be honest, I was always wanting a baby of my own and now I have one with my lover.

"The worst part of it is.... I'll be leaving tomorrow and be gone for about a year" I said sadly.

"Yes... but that is fine. I just hope that the baby is not a burden to you" she wiped her tears.

"No, no! Not at all!" I said "I can not wait"

-------------

The next day went by and I had my bag to carry into the boat.

Leo and Jayna were the only ones to say bye.

"Leo, please take care of her" I whispered in his ear when I hugged him.

I then hugged Jayna for a long time and kissed her "Please wait for me"

"Aboard!"

I looked at her and smiled. Going into the ship, seeing her little body just turn smaller and smaller as I left.

"Bye...."

-------------

It was only a few months of writing to me back and forth.

We seemed so mad for each other until I heard it was my daughters birthday in December.

I was over joyed but angry to know that I'm not going to be there.

The next letter I got was to find out that she was going to marry Leo.

I would probably do the same, if my lover was gone for 7 years.

Kusaki Greyven.... Is 7 years old.....