3.49 These old hoes

After an unfortunate, and rather disappointing, meeting with a bounty hunter, June, it was quite obvious Asha was loosing hope.  She had gotten sniffed out by a mole, told her boyfriend 'never existed'  and was left nearly heartbroken. So, yeah, she wasn't doing great. If anything, she was beyond done, she wanted nothing more to go to sleep and wake up on Gumi, with Aang flying across from her. 

"What do you mean Aang doesn't exist? Do you mean he's..." Sokka momentarily pauses, looking back to Asha's solemn face. "You know, dead?" He didn't want to say it, less an angry Onsra throw a boulder at the back of his head. 

"Nope, we could find him if he were dead. Ah, it's a real head scratcher." June pets her shirshu as she speaks, quickly mounting and riding off after. 

"Helpful, real helpful."  Toph snorts, crossing her arms.

"Aang... Never... Existed?" Asha mutters, still seemingly shell-shocked by the information. One of her hands ran through her hair as she tried desperately to feel anything from her other half.

"Wait, I have another idea. There's only one other person in this World who can help us face the Fire Lord. I'll be right back with a smell sample." Zuko peeks up, quickly running off. 

Once he comes back, he holds up an old sandal, flies buzzing all around it.  

Asha wonders where in the actual hell he kept that.

"You saved your Uncle's sweaty sandal?" Raiko groans, pinching his nose, as he too asks the question everyone was wondering.

"I think it's kind of sweet." Toph snarks, Zuko lifting the sandal in front of the Shirshu's nose. 

"Let's do this." June pulls the reigns as the mole-like creature finds a scent, quickly running off. 

Asha and Raiko are first to react, Gumi scooping them on his saddle and quickly flying after them. The others mount Appa as quickly as they can and follow behind the two speedster animals ahead of them. 

___

Night had fallen as they approached the destroyed walls of Ba Sing Se, June leaving them to their own devices as she obviously had better things to do. 

The others had fallen asleep with their respective partners (Yes, even Zuko and Katara were cuddling under a tree, Asha didn't know if she wanted to coo or sneer at the whores (Lovingly)), leaving all but Asha wide awake, sitting on a large stone column she had bent below her. It wasn't overly tall, just enough so Appa's snout was level with her head. 

Said bison lets out a large groan as he nudges into the girl, gently nuzzling her abdomen.  Gumi stands behind her, allowing her to fall onto his neck as Appa continues the attack. 

"I know buddy." Asha whispers, Zulu squeaking from her lap. She was missing her best buddy, who could blame her? She was whining just the same (Internally) and probably missed Aang just as much as Zulu missed Momo.

"We'll find him. I promise." Asha continues, looking to the bright moon above her. She hoped Yue could hear the, truthfully, reluctant prayers she was sending her way.

'I don't think I can survive if we don't.'

___

The group is startled awake, even Asha who had reluctantly succumbed to sleep's captivating touch, as Toph gets her tent destroyed. A ring of fire surrounds them and the pets, but quickly is diminished by Asha pulling and diminishing it, Gumi and Appa visibly relaxing from the action.