Book 2: 2.13 Avatar State (Yip Yip)

Asha rubs an eye as the other slowly opens, having been awoken from her light sleep by something creeping around the cabin she was asleep in. Sitting up on her arms she looks above her, the hammock missing the indent of a body, making her hum in confusion. Slowly, she creeps out of bed, foot hitting the soft pelts below her, and scurries to the ladder that leads to the main deck. She slowly climbs it, looking onto the deck furrowing her brows as she sees Aang leaning against the side of the ship. 

Slowly she pads over to him, her bare feet hitting the cool metal. "You wanna talk about it?" Asha leans onto Aang, her eyes softly closing as he looks down at her. 

"Nah. Just a nightmare." He looks up momentarily, only to look back at Asha, whose eyes are open and a brow is raised.  With a sigh, he straightens a little, Asha still leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I was in the Avatar state, but outside my body watching myself. It was scary." He pauses. " was scary." Aang looks to his folded hands, not even flinching as Asha wraps her arms around the boy. He just accepts the comfort wordlessly. basking in the momentary relief as he does.

___

"Katara, I want you to have this." Master Pakku raises a triangular amulet from a bag. "This amulet contains water from the Spirit Oasis. The water has unique properties. Don't lose it."

"Thank you, Master Pakku."  She bows, him returning. Pakku then motions for Aang to step up, which he complies. 

"Aang, these scrolls will help you master water bending, but remember they're no substitute for a real master." He gestures to Katara who is perched on top of Appa, ready to fly. 

"Sokka." Said boy looks up in excitement. "Take care, son." Pakku pats his arm, walking over to Gumi, where Asha was back in her nomad clothing. Currently, she was folding her water tribe jacket into a bag and tying the bag to Gumi, Zulu squeaking away in the saddle. 

"Asha, as much as I hate to admit. You were like the daughter I never wanted." He smiles at her, the girl glancing over and smiling back. Reaching into his jacket pocket, her pulls out a cuff bracelet.  Giving him her hand, Asha watches as he carefully puts the intricate bracelet on. It had brown leather placed over black and a gorgeous aquamarine gem smack in the middle, surrounded by orange leather. She turned over her hand, allowing him to tighten it, only to turn it back as a tingly sensation rose in her arm. Asha only watched (pulling her sleeve when needed) as the stone glowed a bright blue, her arrow doing the same. 

"Many people can tell who the Avatar is right away, so they get tattoos in the air nomad culture. However, no one can truly guess who the Onsra will be. Therefore, they must earn their arrows. However, for different Onsras in the cycle it will be different, but for you. You must master each element to get the arrow. " Master Pakku runs a cold finger along the arrow.  Asha looks at it, before giving a hug to Pakku.  Only to separate quickly, bowing instead. 

"Thank you."  She's shocked as he pulls her into another hug. 

"Like I said, you the annoying, lovable daughter I never had."  Separating and allowing Asha to jump onto Gumi, Pakku looks to the prepared travelers. 

"Fly straight to the Earth Kingdom base to the east of here. General Fong will provide you with an escort to Omashu. There you'll be safe to begin your earth bending training with King Bumi." The two drivers nod, Aang giving the command to fly, Gumi taking off soon after.

___

"There it is!" Sokka yells as he leans over Appa's saddle, visibly excited to be in an Earth kingdom.