Book 3: 3.32 Wake me up inside.

Soft feet padded against the dirt floor; Quickly, quietly, efficiently and overall, purposefully. The brunette's hair, now cut to just below her shoulder blades, flowed behind her like an effortless waterfall as her cerulean eyes narrowed, brows furrowed in determination with a small smirk playing on her lips. 

There were now several bandages littering her body, wrapped around cuts, scrapes and burns alike. A bright white one wrapped tightly around her thigh, hiding the malicious burn scar that marred her once supple skin. It, of course, had once scarred over, but due to her constant movement (and inability to sit still) the scar continuously broke open, leaving no choice but to clean it free of the scab and keep it wrapped.  

It had been two weeks since the Ba Sing Se incident. Two weeks since the two last saw any of their friends. Two weeks since the Onsra saw her Avatar. And she may not have shown it, but Asha was heartbroken. She had tried connecting Aang, constantly in the first few days, but was left disappointed every time. So she cut back on trying to connect. She focused on training, hiding from the Fire Nation; forcing people to think that the Onsra was dead. It was Raiko's idea, to provide the illusion, she just went with it. They knew the Avatar was alive, since Asha was fine- well, the new fine. If Aang had died, Asha would be able to feel it; her own body shutting down, either from heartbreak or stress. But the girl was fine

As of currently, the two were in the middle of a training exercise, in the middle of the night. In the two weeks of being separated, Asha turned nocturnal; Raiko following right after. They hadn't seen Zulu or Gumi either, both assuming they were with their friends, so they traveled during the day and trained during the night. Why the dragon and raptor companions left them, Asha may never know, but she was glad. The battles the two have had to fight were not pretty, and sure, Asha left everyone standing but they were badly wounded. Things she wasn't proud of, but she wasn't in the right state of mind; still not, to be honest. She would have outbursts of insanity, falling prey to the instinct and urge to do real damage. She always regained control, but it got real close sometimes. And that scared her.

Asha's bright eyes swirled with mischief and perversity, locked on the blonde in front of her. He was currently sitting cross-legged in front of her, eyes closed and in deep meditation. Perfect. 

Pulling small orbs of water from her canteen, Asha jumped to the branches in the trees with the help from air bending. She felt like a carnivore (ironically, since she was still a vegetarian) hunting her prey.  She winced slightly at the crack the branch made, almost giving her location away.  Asha let out a silent sigh of relief, still holding the water orbs, when Raiko's eyes remaining closed; shielding the emerald orbs from the world before him. 

With a final look to Raiko, Asha jumped into action. With a flip for style, Asha twirls in the air, going to hurl the water towards Raiko as she gains momentum but is halted by an orb of water splashing over face; halting her momentum.  She flops to the dirt ground, the orbs of water in her own hand falling beside her with a lackluster 'pop'

"Fair 'nough." The girls voice is muffled by her face in the dirt, Raiko smirking as an eye pops open. 

"Face it Asha. I'm still the master."  The blonde stands, cracking his back and stretching out his stiff joints before standing.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, whatever you say Blondie." The brunette sits up, knocking at the side of her head to get rid of any excess mud, doing the same to the other side shortly after.

The girl then stood as well, dusting off her new outfit. Her old air nomad outfit was destroyed in a fight, killing the girls spirit, but giving her a chance to find a new style. Which was, surprisingly enough, Fire nation clothing. Currently, she was wearing a soft red shirt the puffed up at the arms, tightening around her wrists. It cut off just under her rib cage, exposing a small bit of her (now tanned) stomach. The bottoms were a darker shade of red, same design (puffing at the legs then tightening at the ankles), her red sash from her air nomad outfit still tied around her small waist. It was the only thing she could save. She left her hair in a side ponytail, bangs hanging on either side of her head, keeping the necklace Aang made her tied tightly around her neck in a choker fashion.  It was one of the few things Asha kept. She kept very few things, such as the books from the library, the incantation, a canteen for water, and finally the picture from the Northern Air Temple (the one Aang drew). After the incident with the sister, Asha grabbed it.  All of her limited belongings were kept in a satchel that tied around her thigh-- the one not wrapped in bandages of course.