1.9 Homeward North

A.N: I just wanted to show you a Stoat.

___

"So, young travelers," an older man whispered lowly as a fire flicked in front of them, "Next time you think you hear a strange large bird talking- Take a closer look. It might not be a giant parrot, but a flying man! A member of a secret group of air walkers who laugh at gravity and laugh at those bound to the earth by it." The man preached, pointing to the sky. 

"Aren't air bender stories the best?" Aang mused, leaning back on his palms as he watched Asha tinker around with the choker around her neck. Said girl shrugged in response, tugging her water tribe jacket down further as a shiver racked her spine (she didn't understand how Aang wasn't constantly freezing). 

"Was it realistic? Was that how it was back then?"  Katara looked to the two air benders who turned back to her.

"I laugh at gravity all the time," Aang stops to laugh. "Gravity." He breathes out, Asha soon laughing with him.

The two look forward however as a younger man holds a hat, shaking it in front of the four. Asha relents, digging into her satchel and pulling out a couple bronze coins; throwing it in. The man turning more to Sokka soon after.

"Jingle, jingle!" He  looks at Sokka, who digs into his pockets, only to come up empty handed.

"Sorry!" "Cheapskates!"  

Standing up, Aang rushes over to the storyteller, Asha following close behind (Momo perched on her shoulder).  

"Thanks for the story!" Aang smiles at the man who shoves the hat towards Aang. 

"Tell it to the cap, boy!" Momo looks at the cap, reaching in and pulling a bronze coin out, only to throw it back into the cap.

"Much oblige, little bat thing!" The man finally turns, Momo running to Aang's own shoulder as Asha stares confused. Did they not see that-Did Momo just run a high level scam?

"It means a lot to hear air bender stories. It must of been a hundred years ago you great grandpa met them." Aang smiled, Asha looking to the old man behind them. 

"What are you prattling about? Great grand-pappy saw the air walkers last week, near the northern air temple." The man snapped, turning away. Aang looking to Asha, who had a giant smile growing on her face. 

After all, the North was her home.

___

Asha was excited. Excited and restless as she continuously jumped up and down on Gumi's saddles, holding his reins with white knuckles as she tried grounding herself.

"So, what's so special about the Northern Air Temple?" Sokka groaned from Appa's saddle, watching the excited brunette the entire way here.

"This is where the held the championships for sky bison polo and-"Aang started, turning to Asha as she looked about ready to explode; her smile reaching her ears as her eyes shone a brilliant blue. 

"And, where I grew up!" Asha yelled, laughing as she fell back; Gumi looking like he had a smile of his own, head bristling in the wind.  Aang smiled as he watched the girl; heart bursting with her excited giggles and bright energy. 

"I was going to say where I met my Onsra, but yea that works." Aang smirks as Asha snaps her head to Aang; red faced and still smiling. Ever since they had come to the conclusion (I.E. Asha came out of her denial stage), he had taken to reminding her about it every chance he got, reminding her how lucky he was, getting his best friend as his soulmate.