Book 1: 1.Where it starts

-Hello everyone! It's me, Nikki, and I'm finally, finally editing this fossil! I know, it's been a long time coming, and I'm super excited to show you all how far I've come! I mean, I started this book in Junior High and I'm now a Senior graduating in two weeks!  Anyway, here are some notes before we start all over again! 

1) Our main characters, Aang and Asha are going to be aged up a little, along with everyone else. Re-reading this, I realized how silly it was that they were twelve and acting how they were, so please excuse any discrepancies while I go through editing.  (Ages:  Aang, Asha and Toph; 16, Katara and Raiko; 17, Zuko and Sokka; 18)

2) I only know what was shown in the show, therefore I'm sorry but I have no knowledge of any comics/continuations of the show. So please forgive me! 

3) There will be some unexplainable circumstances/ occurrences, I beg for you to turn a blind eye! For old/returning readers, I'm pretty much referencing Aki.

Anyway, without further ado, I present Calypso, new and improved. 

Oh! I also present absolutely phenomenal fanart of Asha, presented by ScribbleBee, which is exactly what I imagined her to look like! Thank you so much!

___

Gripping at the veil around her head, the ravenette frantically scanned her surroundings as she ran, knowing the punishment for being out so late was drastic and unforgiving. Imprisonment for treason, death for fornicating with the enemy.  And in reality, was it worth it? 

Yes, a thousand times yes in her young mind. The man, not much older than herself really, was always worth it. His attitude and calming presence always familiar and warm to her. More comforting than anything the fire nation offered her. Despite it's name, the harsh and cold environment of the fire nation was horrid and cruel; and if for only a moment, Lin could give herself a safe haven, she would selfishly take it. 

She nearly yelped when an unknown hand grabbed her by her waist, pulling her into a firm and steady chest. Her muscles instinctively relaxed as the familiar smell of the Monk's homemade soap warped around her. His gorgeous blue eyes seemed to gaze into her soul as he waited for her to calm herself, soft and patient. 

"If I didn't know any better I would say you're excited to see me." He chuckled, voice deep and soothing as he rubbed up her spine.  She laughed, gently caressing his cheek with both hands as her forehead rested against his clavicle. 

"How's the younger one?" Senge whispered, moving one hand to rub against the smallest of bumps that protruded from the petite woman's form. "The sisters from the Northern temple have agreed to help if we so wish." 

Lin swallowed tightly, licking her lips. "If...If the little one is an air bender, Fire Lord Azulon will kill it. Avatar Roku and Onsra Tanna-- I'm not sure even they can stop him." Tears threatened to drip down her cheeks before she wiped them quickly. 

The air bender took this as his cue to cut in, "I have little less than a decade before I am to wed Aki. We can still give them a good life. I will leave this choice to you, my love, I will always have your back. "

With a deep breath, the ravenette slowly began nodding her head. "For them. Keep them safe for me, please Senge. For me, never let them loose hope."