2.19 Castaways

So, I'm gonna skip the Zuko alone episode, because A) I have an idea to replace it (This chapter) and B) I want this book to focus on Asha's journey, both with and without the romantic attributes. That's a big part in why most chapters are missing parts from the actual episode; because Asha wouldn't have know what was going on since she wasn't there. I assume that most people reading have/ currently are watching the actual show, so I it feels kinda perfunctory to write things that are already known.  Another thing is that with Asha's arrows, I reference ones on her hands, and I realize when she talks to Pakku, he says she'll earn her arrows. What I really meant was a stripe connecting the arrows on her hands to the ones on her neck and back This chapter will go in depth with Asha's character, her past; possibly future, so if your not into that, please move onto the next chapter (When it's released)- though, I wouldn't suggest it since there will be context in this chapter for future chapters. Thanks for reading, enjoy the chapter. P.S. I'm super sorry for the short chapter. 

-Nikki, with love, XoXo.

___

The water splashed around Asha as she stomped her foot in frustration, the orb of water she had previously been using burst around her, splashing all over the once dry air bender.

"You're doing great, Asha." Katara smiles at the girl who only glares to girl as she stomps out.

"I don't care about that! I care about what I'm doing wrong!" She yells, thankful that the boys (and Toph) had gone to the nearby village. They were in need of supplies, so they took the smaller animals and walked to the village while Katara and Asha stayed back, practicing the water bending that the Onsra had avoiding for much too long.

"Asha, this stuff takes years of practice and discipline-" 

"I know! But I don't have years! I have months!" Reaching land, Asha air bends the water out of her clothing, turning to face Katara. "Look, I appreciate everything your doing, I really do, but your too...Nice. Back at the Northern temple, training was harsh. It may just be the frustrations talking but, I may need someone else." 

She's shocked as Katara smiles, walking over to the girl. "Then we'll find you that other person." 

"Wait. What?" Asha air bends herself to her feet as Katara makes her way over to Gumi, the dragon raising his head as the water bender nears. 

"You said it yourself; your used to harder, more strict training. I'm used to training the way Aang likes- positive reinforcement. If it's not working, it's better to fix it now rather than in months, when it's too late. "  

"Okay, but what about the others? What will they say if they come back and we're not here?" Asha stumbles over her feet as she tries to catch up to Katara.  

The water bender rolls her eyes, walking over to her satchel- that laid nearly forgotten by her sleeping bag. Taking out a piece of paper and pencil, she scribbles a few things before rolling it up; tying it with a peice of red thread, then placing it on her pillow. 

"There. Now if they come back before we do, we'll be fine." Katara walks back over to Gumi, jumping up to the saddle, holding the reigns. 

Sighing, finding no more ways to stall, Asha jumps onto Gumi's saddle, pushing Katara out of the way. 

"If we're going I'm driving." 

___

"What do you think the others are doing?" Asha asks, leaning on the front of the saddle, reigns in hang.