3.43 Sifu Hotman

AN: People wanted it and I deliver! (Thank you dragonfriend123 and Royalty_Girl_ for your input! I hope it's all you wished it to be!).

___

Asha had decided that while her and Zuko worked great together, Aang and Zuko did not. Aang was much too gullible when it came to Zuko's antics while Zuko had issues differentiating his tone from when he was joking and when he was serious. Which was fine, because Asha had no qualms or issues differentiating. 

She supposed, in the end, it evened out. Aang got along swimmingly (Excuse the pun) with Katara while Asha and her...did not. Asha tended to agree that Katara was sort-of a prissy princess that like her pity parties while Katara thought Asha was too cold or mean when her emotions got the best of her, which, ya know, fair.

That doesn't take away from the absolute joy Asha got watching Aang and Zuko attempt to fire bend only for neither to do anything. It was quite funny actually. Even if Zuko didn't think so.

In fact, Zuko didn't seem to think about a lot of things, especially as he tries passing off the bullshit excuse of 'I've lost my ability to fire bend'. Like come on. You need a better excuse than that to get out of training, trust her-- she tried that one. 

"Asha?" 

The brunette pokes her head up as footsteps approach her. She was currently practicing her water bending (Goddamn water bending) outside with Gumi, who watched with snorts and growl-chuckles-- because he was an asshole. Putting away the water she was using, she watches as both Aang and Zuko walk up to her. 

"Make Gumi teach us fire bending." 

In what fucking world-

"I'm sorry?" 

Aang steps in before Zuko can, holding his hands up as Asha tries straightening out what she just heard. The dragon? The one behind her who refused to feed himself and instead made Asha bend the food to him? Teach fire bending?

"The original fire benders were the dragons and we were thinking that maybe Gumi could help us out?" Aang explains, doing a much better job than Zuko. Asha nods for a moment before shrugging. "Sorry. No can do." 

"Why not?" Zuko hisses, trying to sound threatening but Asha waves him off. "Because it's been over a hundred years since Gumi has had to breath fire. He doesn't have it anymore. A practically forgotten skill. You have better luck learning from sun warriors."

"Sun warriors?" Aang asks, tilting his head. Asha and Zuko both give him a tilted look, brows furrowed in confusion. 

"The first fire benders?" Asha hints, hoping Aang would clue in. He didn't. 

"They weren't around when we were kids." 

Zuko huffs. "They died off thousands of years ago. But their civilization wasn't too far from where we are now. Maybe we can learn something by poking around their ruins."

Both boys look to Asha, who rolls her eyes, patting Gumi's neck. "Alright let's go. I'm driving though."

___

They should not have let her drive. That was their first mistake.

Without having to wait for Appa (she loved the bison but for the love of god he was slow), she was free to go as fast as her and Gumi wanted, which was probably too fast for the first time flier.