1.2. Blue legends

___

Waking from his meditation with a jump, Aang shook his head free from any remainders of the flashback. Ever since waking (A hundred years later, nevertheless), his brain seemed to refuse to rest; always jumping from memory to memory.  Always focusing on a girl he couldn't quite remember-- A girl that wasn't Katara. 

Her features were almost always fuzzy, the only discernable thing on her face being bright cerulean eyes that shone and glimmered with a young excitement, making his heart beat rapidly every time he thought about it. 

If he were to be honest, these flashes changed something within the teen. Something shifting inside of him. The feelings, small stomach turning butterflies, had died down, replaced by this blue-eyed brunette. Brown couldn't seem to encase the waves of milky chocolate that fell down her shoulders, he noted in his visions, framing her face. A face that made his spine tingle, even if he couldn't quite define it.

He only needed to see her eyes to have his knees shaking.  Every time he racked his brain for a name, he only came up with a childhood friend. Asha, he thinks he can recall, but she was at the Northern temple, most likely crossing the world to get to him. If she got lucky, she went painlessly. He hoped she lived the extravagant life he wanted for her. 

She deserved it. She comforted him when Monk Gyatso couldn't him, helped him train (Being the unfortunate target for one too many fruit pies, he muses to himself), whooped his ass if he was late to anything concerning her.

Who the monks sent away because she was distracting him. From what, even now, at 116, he didn't know. If anything she would've helped him-- massaging the knots out of his shoulders and back.  She had almost magic fingers when it came to that; not like Katara. 

Sometimes Aang mused the 'what if's that would come with if Katara was his Onsra, but an annoying voice in the back of his head was always angrily yelling at him with those thoughts. So, he kept them at  bay most of the time.  He rose with a shake of his head, stretching his back with a pop before walking to the main part of the old temple they were currently resting in. 

The temple was filled with creeping vines and dust bunnies, overlooking a ghost town and spine-chilling forest. Sokka had fallen ill, and unfortunately this was the best option.

Katara was caring for him, laying a wet cloth over his forehead while Sokka grumbled about 'Appa's sense of humor'.  Katara and Sokka were a pair of siblings that happened upon him while he was frozen in an iceberg. Sokka was a few inches taller than him and constantly used that to his advantage when he could (Only for it to fall flat when Aang used his air bending), while he stood just taller than Katara. It was a strange height dynamic, but it flowed with their personality dynamic well. 

"How's Sokka doing?" Aang walked over, his glider folded and being used as a walking stick. 

"Not so good, being out in that storm really did a number on him." 

Aang grunted at the sight of the older male, huffing as Katara urged him to continue with what he was saying. 

"I didn't find any ginger root for tea, but I did find a map," Aang pulled a map out of his side pouch. "It says that there's a herbalist institution on top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there." He looked at the map. Sure, he wasn't Sokka level at reading maps but he knew the basics.  

Katara's cough made him back away, throwing his head back as he ran through plan after plan in his head.  This was exactly how Sokka (Who know was yelling at a rock, trying to prove he was an Earth bender) started and he was certain if they waited long enough all three of them would be blabbering nonsense.