3.34 Like one of your French girls

"Hey guys, I think this river's polluted." Aang looks to the sludge infested river he was currently sludging in, watching from Gumi's back as he trudged beside Appa. Her toes barely touching the sludge before retreating back into her form; the girl shuddering at the feeling while wondering how in the world Aang was 'swimming' in that.

"Ya think?" She looks to the sludge with a grimace, continuing to watch as Aang gets out of the river, bending the sludge onto the other group members before quickly air bending it away. 

"Well, that explains why I can't catch a fish around here. Because normally my fishing skills are...Off the hook! Get it? Like a fishing hook?" Sokka is stopped by an orb of sludge being thrown at his face, Asha laughing at the shocked glare Sokka gives her.

"Real shame your skills aren't on the hook." Asha snarks, her joke more successful as the group laughs.  

"That's my girl!" Toph laughs out, feeling Asha hop onto Appa, Raiko following soon after.

"It looks like we'll need to go somewhere else to get food." Katara groans, a long scroll of paper falling in front of her. "Assuming that'll fit into Sokka's master schedule."

"It's doable. But that means only two potty breaks today!"  Sokka looks to his schedule, yanking it from Raiko as he picks up the end. 

"Hey, maybe we can get food there." Aang points to  a small village in the middle of the lake. 

___

With the animals hidden and the group at the village, it was set up so all they had to do was find some food.  Easier said then done however. 

"Look at this place. It's so sad. We have to do something to help!" Katara whines as they walk through the town, yanking on Asha's arm.  The Onsra stays silent, only rethinking her life over with every step. 

"No, we can't waste our time here! We have a bigger mission that we need to stay focused on. These people are on their own!" Sokka growls at his sister. 

"I mean harsh. But he's right." Raiko walks beside Toph, their arms linked (Toph claiming it's because she couldn't see as well as she normally does, Asha calling BS). 

"These people are starving, and you turn your back on them!? How can you be so cold and heartless? Asha, back me up." Katara yanks the girls arm again, pulling Asha from her thoughts.

"I mean, we are here. We can help out howe-" Asha begins, sending a pleading look to Aang, the girl being cut off shortly after. 

"No. First, I get your the Onsra, but we don't have time to waste. Second, I'm not turning my back, I'm just being realistic!  We can't go around helping every rinky-dink town we wander into. We'll be helping them all by taking out the Fire Lord!" Sokka snarks again, Toph slapping her hand over Sokka's mouth again.

"Hey, loudmouth! Maybe we should be a little quieter when we talk about taking out the Fire Lord!" The Earth bender growls, her eyes darting side to side, despite not being able to see.

"Come on, Katara, Asha, be reasonable about this. You know our mission has to come first. Asha, you especially should know this." Sokka's face relaxes, his voice much quieter. 

"I guess so." Asha rubs her arm, which is now free from Katara's iron grip, the water bender folding her arms in reluctant agreement. 

"Let's just get what we need and go." Aang takes Asha, gently by the hand, as he speaks; leading her away from Katara less her arm get torn off. 

They eventually approach the counter of an outdoor marker stall, the same man who rowed them over to the village (Dock) standing there, waiting for them.