2.14 Secret Tunnel

Asha sits underneath a tree, her bathing suit on and book in hand. Her bathing suit was a light orange, almost pink, that had fabric flow over the chest, spaghetti  straps holding it up. Finally, high waisted bottoms that tied around her hips.  Zulu lay next to her, a brand new, light green bandanna around her neck. While in the Earth Kingdom, Asha had found some books for sale and bought one, this one currently about the Onsra and their history, even if it wasn't nearly as accurate as she had hoped it to be.

"You guys are gonna be done soon, right?"  Sokka looks up from the leaf he's on. He had changed too, but into a white loincloth, Momo laying on top of him as he drifts in the river.

Asha looks to Katara and Aang, Katara in her own version of a two piece (hers is white and the bottoms are similar to a skirt with shorts and a halter top) while Aang is naked from the waist up. Aang makes eye contact with Asha, the girl smiling brightly at him, leaving Aang a flustered stuttering mess. For a sixteen year old, he acted more like a twelve year old.

"We've got a lot of ground to cover if we wanna make it to Omashu today." Asha stands while Sokka complains, Zulu doing the same, following the girl, watching as she puts the book back in Gumi's saddle bag. 

"What, like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?" Katara teases.

"I can be ready in two minutes. Seriously." Sokka lifts his hair as he speaks, only let it drop again. "Whenever." The two girls laugh. 

"So, you were showing me the octopus form." Aang speaks up, the girls' snapping their heads toward him.

"Right. Let me see your stance." Aang spread his legs and gets into position. His eyes watching as Asha saunters over, standing behind him. 
"You arms are too far apart, if you move them closer together you protect you center." Asha reaches around him and pushes his arms closer.

"Yeah...Thanks!" Aang stutters out, flustered and red.  Asha lets out a giggle as she moves away, allowing Katara to continue her training. 

"Okay, let's see what you got."  

Aang pulls a large blob of water up and over himself, and with a smooth motion gives the blob a dozen wide tentacles.  Katara wastes no time and rapidly fire icicles toward the blob; most being either deflected or grabbed mid air and thrown. Then, using on of the tentacles, Aang grabs Katara's leg and yanks tight; Katara falling into the water below. 

"You make a fine octopus, Pupil Aang." Katara laughs, recovering quickly as she looks back to the boy, whose allowed the tentacle to lazily wave around. Asha laughing at the boy.

The moment is interrupted however as soft music and singing can be heard. Looking to the source, a group of travelers round the corner, one wearing a wreath plays a guitar like instrument as he sings. 

"Don't fall in love with a traveling girl. She'll leave you broke and broken hearted..." The man is off key, but the people around him don't seem to mind. The girl beside him clad in black and white, playing the flute happily.  The kids are silent as the watch.

"Heh- Hey! River people!" The man points to them.

"We're not river people." Katara stands with a hand on her hip.

"You're not? Well then what kind of people are ya?" 

"Just...People?" Asha answers, looking to Aang who shrugs. 

"Aren't we all, brother? Whoo." 

"I'm a girl. If anything I would be sister." She puffs, rolling her eyes.  

"Who're you?" Sokka points an accusing finger at the man. 

"I'm Chong, and this is my wife Lily." The woman curtsies, "We're nomads, happy to go wherever the wind takes us!" Chong riffs his guitar.