1.12 Siege the North (Scene 2)

"I can't believe I lost him." Katara kneels at the pool as Yue helps Asha prepare, the latter anxiously trying to keep her nerves from frying. This was too much and she hated it. Hated it all. 

"You did everything you could and now we need to do everything we can to get him back." Sokka walks to Appa, Katara watching with tears in her eyes. 

"Zuko couldn't have gotten far. We'll find him. Between me in the spirit world and you guys in this one, we'll find him. Aang's gonna be fine." Asha smiles, even if it's forced, wincing as Yue ties her waist to Appa's saddle.

Katara nods to the girl, standing up and walking over to Appa. Gumi, Zulu and Momo all watching her,

"You three stay here, in case Aang comes back." Katara tells the pets, who all sit, obedient.  

As Appa takes off, Asha assumes a meditative pose. 

"When I enter the spirit world, I'm going to become completely unresponsive. I'm counting on you guys to make sure I don't, you know, die." Asha gestures to the rope around her waist. "Aang is already there, so in theory it should make it easier for me to not only enter, but find him as well." The other girls nod, Sokka driving, as Asha takes a breath. She turns the arrows on  her hands toward each other and closes her eyes. Then, she focuses on the only person she can. Aang. 

Like that, it's almost as if a flip is switched. Katara and Yue gasp as Asha's eyes snap open, glowing a bright white, her arrows firing up like blazing lightning. 

___

Asha's body falls with a thump as she opens her eyes again. She's surrounded by a swamp, vines hanging everywhere and trees towering over her. It makes her skin crawl as she sits up, rubbing her head while looking behind her. There a temple sits, looking much like the one in the sanctuary. 

"Asha?" She looks around again, this time Aang in front of her. His eyes are wide and he holds a hand out for her. 

"Is the landing always that rough?" She groans as she stands, using Aang's help. He chuckles at the girl. 

"Normally, you arrive the same way you entered, yet by your landing I can assume you were moving when you entered. How did you get here anyway?" He looks to her, the two starting to walk forward. 

"I'm not sure. It was Yue's ideas. I guess it's a perk of being the Onsra. " She shrugs, Aang rolling his eyes with a laugh. 

The two looks up as they hear soft humming though. Aang running to the sound, Asha following. Eventually reaching a white haired monkey, clothed in a brown monk's shawl, meditating.  Aang looks to the girl beside him, who shrugs, and walks up to the monkey.

"Hello? I'm sorry to disturb you, but I just really need to find the Moon and Ocean spirits."

"Go...Away." The monkey doesn't even open an eye. Waiting a couple of seconds, the monkey finally opens a single eye, looking to Asha and Aang. 

"You're still here?"  He snaps.

"Yes! I need-" He's cut off by the monkey shutting his eyes tightly, still obnoxiously humming only to sigh and open his eyes, the monkey watching as a blue wisp flies near it. 

"Perhaps that thing will help you? Chase it!"  Aang obliges, happily running after the wisp. 

"You're one cruel monkey." Asha rolls her eyes, turning to run after Aang, hearing a 'finally' leave from the monkey's mouth.

As she catches up, she just stands in awe as Aang falls from a branch, the wisp leaving his hands. 

"Come back!" He whines as he gets up.  With a heavy sigh, Aang looks to his reflection, eyes widening at what he sees.