TWENTY-NINE: {angst}Let Him Go.

IVE GOT A SAD ONE FOR YOU ALL
HERE IT IS

AUGUST 11TH, 2041
"Let him go, Y/N."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Hank." she says with a fake smile and a chuckle.

The two sit on a bench in the Central Park in Detroit, alone.

"Y/N," he puts a hand on her shoulder.
"You can't keep living like this."

Y/N doesn't respond but looks away from the gray-haired man.

"He's gone, Y/N! He's dead! You can't just ignore the truth like this!" he's close to losing his temper as he stares at her with furrowed eyebrows.

She turns to face him, her E/C eyes meeting with Hank's blue ones. Her eyes are full of tears and she feels chills run down her spine.

6 MONTHS EARLIER.

"I promise, I'll be back soon, okay?" Connor says in the middle of laughing.

Y/N hugs him and refuses to let him go.
"Nope, because you're not going today! You already promised me that you'd spend the day with me," she puts her face into his chest.

"I know, and I'm sorry, My Love. But the other detectives need me to be there," he kissed the top of her head. She still keeps her hands wrapped around his torso.

"I'm sure they can figure things out, without you there, Conno-" she interrupts herself with a yelp as Connor picks her up off the ground and sets her down on their bed. He runs down the stairs and she soon starts to chase after him, the both of them laughing loudly.

Before he could get there, she runs and stands in front of the door, grinning and terribly out of breath.

"Y/N, I've gotta go."

He doesn't really want to leave her, but he has to. Because, even after deviating, he knows that's what he was built to do. Go be a detective.

"But why now?" she whines.

"Y/N!"

"Fine!" she groans while he chuckles at her and she moves out of his way.

"I'll see you later, Y/N. I love you," he says, now halfway out of the door.

"I love you more."

Before he leaves, he turns around, pulls her by the waist, and kisses her.

His beautiful brown eyes meet Y/N's eyes as he says:

"Nope. That's impossible. No one could love anyone or anything more than I love you. "

She grins widely as they separate and she watches him leave.

Y/N had absolutely no idea that would be the last time she would ever see her fiancé, ever again.

-

It's 2:13 a.m.

Y/N was asleep after trying to stay awake for when Connor would come back home.

Suddenly, she receives a phone call.
She doesn't think much of it at first.

"Hi, is this Y/N? Y/N L/N?"

"Mmhmm," she hums while she rubs her eyes.

"Your fiancé... he's dead."

She giggles.

"Again? God, I keep telling him to be careful," she smiles to herself.
"So, when will his new body be here?"