NINE: Gone.

Connor's POV
(THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG ONE SO LET'S JUST GO RIGHT INTO A FLASHBACK)

'Hank was driving quickly, gripping the steering wheel until his knuckles turned whiter than paper.

"Y/N, it'll be okay! Calm down, we're almost there!"
"I can't! I-I can't!" my love said, crying.

Her blood coming out of cuts on her face, sweat, and tears mixed, as she was strapped into a wooden chair. The person who put her there, no longer in the room.

"Hank drive faster!"
"I'm going past the legal limit!" he yelled.
"Fuck 'the legal limit,' drive faster!" I cursed.

Hank looked forward, swearing and sweating as he drove 20 over the limit.

"I'm almost here sweetheart, don't leave me, okay?" I spoke to her, tears reaching my eyes as well.

"I promise I won't, just hurry, please...
"I don't want to die."

"Don't talk like that, I'm almost there!"

"Connor... I love you. I wish I could hold you."
"I love you too, and you will hold me, 'cause you're not going to die, Y/N!"

She looked at me, her eyes softening like she wasn't in one of the scariest situations she'd ever been in.
"Connor, breathe. Your LED is blinking red," she spoke to me softly.

Why is she trying to calm me down? This should be the other way around.

"Don't worry about me. I know my stress levels are exponentially high but that's not important. What's important is that you stay calm. Did you see this guy?"

"N-No I didn- n-no let me talk to him for a little while longer, please!"

She wasn't talking to me anymore.

"Y-Y/N?" I questioned.

"I'm sorry, she can't speak to you anymore," said a deep voice. It sounded altered like it wasn't a human or an android talking.
"You can look her though. Pathetic."

There she was covered in gashes, her shirt and pants ripped, looking like she was repeatedly punched.

"It feels awful doesn't it? Not being able to protect her."

"Yes, indeed it does. But you know what's gonna feel amazing? When I throw you in a jail cell and hug my wife," I told him, meaning what I said.

Suddenly, the car stopped and Hank looked at me.

"We're here," Hank whispered.
"I'll stay here, and call the rest of the Police Department."

"Alright, Hank," I said as I hung up on the criminal keeping my wife captive.

I kicked in the door, running through the halls of the large warehouse that I tracked down.

The sound of my shoes hit the ground as I ran.

"Y/N!" I yelled out, calling for her desperately.