Maria bibi, a woman who had never even worn a dupatta around her neck in her entire life..this woman was infact wearing a large chaddar around herself.

"Salam, Maria bibi. Please tell the court your name, occupation and your reason of being here." The lawyer started to question her and everyone around them got busy with their work.

A woman typed away on her laptop, sitting just below the judge's seat, a few journalists taking out their phones and pads, noting down her words.

"Salam. My name is Maria khanum, I'm thirty nine years old, I was the secretary at foreign office and a special assistant to foreign Minister of the time, Zaydaan Ziagil." She started off.

"He was very kind towards me, it being the reason I always trusted him. He protected me in my work environment. I had no idea he was obsessed with me though, one day we came back from a meeting and the security guard said Salam to me. He got so angry that he fired him on spot. "
She told her story in such a convincing way that if Aaina hadn't known Zaydaan, she would have believed the woman on spot.

"That was the start of his obsession. I would get dictated after that. Where I should go, what I should eat. When I tried to quit, he tried to harass me. He almost succeeded, if I hadn't run away on time..maybe he would have crossed all limits. I don't know. "

She gulped, looking at Zaydaan who was not staring at her but staring ahead. Her mere words were not affecting him but at the same time, her words were literally cutting through him. He was a man of honor and it was at stake.

"He touched my breasts once, without my consent. One time, he touched my behind. Even thinking about it makes me disgusted. I couldn't say a word, first his father was the Prime Minister and then him. Who would have listened to me?

She sobbed, words coming out of her mouth like it was the ultimate truth. Aaina pressed her hand on her husband's, not even bothering to hide her disgust and fear and anger, and all those feelings that were arising within herself.

"And why did you reveal this now?" The lawyer asked, Maria bibi let out a sigh.

"Because its us humans that keep feeding these people with power. They need to understand too. We can't let men harass us, no matter who they are." She dictated.

Aaina wanted to stand up and shout at her, tell this woman that she was nothing but a lying cunning fake ass bitch. She wanted to feel some sympathy for her, she wanted to think that maybe this woman had some reason behind lying like this, maybe she had some weakness that was being used against her.

But her love was clouding all the pity that she had in her heart.

She saw the lawyer nod at the woman, done with his questions.

"Thank you, Maria bibi."

They waited for the Prime Minister's lawyer to ask the woman some questions, to cross question her but she didn't.

Instead, he simply looked at the judge and started to speak.

"Your honor, what a story that was. And that is exactly what it is. A story. A fabricated piece of filth, meant to defame a man who is our country's Prime Minister." He said out loud, words coming out confident and cool.

"I would like to tell you that Maria bibi was not only an employee of the then foreign minister but also his friend. They shared lunches, dinners, they went out for brunch together along with their mutual friend, Minal ashfaq."

Minal.

Zaydaan didn't understand how a woman could be so loyal, so understanding and yet get hurt the way her husband had hurt her.