A madman's determination.

Start from the beginning

The conflict in California was set in motion weeks ago it was purely manufactured, and a few of my men killed the baron of California. This wasn't too damning, the problem was this wasn't expected. I hate to say it but her going down there may be the best outcome though it is the most dangerous. The surprising thing was that none of these men were turned by me, they took the initiative. They told me about the plan they told me how they would execute it. All I had to do was say okay.

They knew it was a suicide mission, the fact that they even came up with the idea was enough for me to know they were serious. The reason why they even would go this far was because they have a grudge against her.

'Everything has been set in motion, my love.' I smiled, these last few days were quite productive. I embraced the idea, of what I had implemented. I questioned why I would go so far for a second, then I realized there was no such reason for me to have mercy for him. "Thank you, Ilana, it's time for you to prepare your pack." She nodded as she began to strip out of her dress. She was one of the best warriors in World War 1 & 2, yet she was always outdone by the former Alpha Anastasia. Had she never let her jealousy consume her, she would have been a worthy Alpha. Funny how easily trust can be broken when rumors spread.

It was time to take it all from him.

~~~Charles

Baltimore, MD February 2nd, 1951. 'Are you sure that this is their location?' I heard the voices but I didn't think anything of it. It was only when I smelled their stench that I knew something was off, they were werewolves. Why were the Lycans here? "We need to go," I said to James, he looked as he realizes that the smell was all around us. All smelled different but they all smelled like dogs.

We left out the car, we had been patrolling in a standard black 1950 Ford. It had a leather brown interior and tinted windows. For the most part, this was one of the best vehicles ever given to me, the queen had wanted to send the royal guard here to protect them. I volunteered to do it, my reasoning being it's better to have someone who knows the lay of the land. One type of that this is a form of atonement for me, I wasn't a good man when I was human. I could have done so much more yet I decided to hate people for something they could not change.

The moon wasn't completely out yet, it had been a cloudy day all day and it had been raining on and off 40° Today was one of the good days in February, especially since it had been a frozen hell all of January. They didn't seem to notice us, but that's the problem they were only a few yards away from the house. We would have to be quick and take care of them quickly, we had to keep a constant watch on this house. It was a good thing the queen had foresight. "We need to dispatch them now," I said calmly, we had to hurry though. We had silver bullets and axes for this specific occasion, we also had wooden stakes. We opted for the axes over any other means, specifically because the bullets were too loud. We didn't want to have half the neighborhood alerted, vampires, work fast too fast. This was a problem, especially for aiming, if we move fast enough we can dispatch them before they even turn. We always kept our guns on us, we just attempted not to fire them unless necessary.

The first one was at the door, I looked at the three-story house and I knew exactly where the rooms were. There was one downstairs, that was Ms.Shirley's room. The twins slept upstairs, in the guest room and Adrian slept in his mother's old room. Next to Ms.Shirley's room was the kitchen, there was a bathroom downstairs in the basement also. The house was a gift to Shirley for all her years of service oh, she had been a milkmaid so long that she had only recently retired which was about a year ago. The twins benefited from that, I remember seeing the baby girl and baby boy. She was truly that man's mother, I had no idea she still had human children.

I think that's for the best that we didn't know though, just thinking about it made me nervous. All the power she has, yet there are still fools out there who think they can take her. I remember how quickly news spread when she killed that traitor to the throne, she didn't even hesitate. She used pure force and within moments he was nothing but a puddle of blood and ash. What made it even more frightening was the fact that he was a triple-S rank vampire. He was one of the strongest in the United States, yet the second he ventured and attempted to commit treason she didn't even hesitate