CHAPTER 7

THE TEST

               I walked to the Den's manor. It's huge but not that huge like Jeon's one. I noticed the door is about to be open since the door Knob is been turned.

I hide myself into the bushes and waited. A man came out, must be Den. He went towards his car and left the place.

So does that mean there is no one inside the house. I can go in then.
I tried to open the lock of the door but it didn't work. I tried more. But still nothing worked. The house is completely under protection.

"You should go for the window" I heard a voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw Jungkook standing there with a smirk.
I sighed as for a second I thought Mr. Den came back.

"Thanks but the whole house is under protection"

"Not the window. Follow me" I followed him and we went near the window. He slide the glass of window up. My mouth fell open. He gave me a 'see I told you' look.

"How do you know it's open?" I asked him.

"Well I know Mr. Den and he always forgets to lock his windows."

"If that is so, than why your father sent me to do this work you could have done it too. Since, you know him much better." I said and raised my eyebrow at him. He chuckled.

"You will see" He said.

I went inside the manor, when I turned around I  noticed Jungkook still standing outside.

"You ain't coming?" He frowned.

"I'll wait here"

"Oh...OK"

I went further inside. With quiet steps. I feel like as if I'm a thief, here to stole something branded. Well need to prove myself.

The whole house is like a maze. So many stairs going at different direction. I looked in the whole house and found nothing. Than I saw a door different from others, it's made of steel. There is a switch on the corner I pulled the switch and turned it down.

The door opened. A smile made it's way on my face. 'jackpot'. I went there and was just about to go inside but when I went close to the entrance, the door fell shut.

"What the hell" I frightened. I tried it again and the door again fell shut.

"Here let me pull the switch and you go inside" Jungkook came up out of nowhere. Although I'm glad he did.  I gave a nod to him with that he pulled the switch down. I went inside the room its completely grey with grey paint and no window, there it was the statue kept in the middle of the room, it must be the one Mr. Jeon asked for.  I held the statue in my arms and went out and Jungkook left the switch and with that the door fell shut again. I gave a look to Jungkook.

"What?" He said.

"You said you will be waiting outside...by the way why are you helping me?"

"Isn't it obvious, Taehyung" he smirked and said.

"..."

"Isn't it obvious that I wanted to help you" Jungkook said to me.

"And why would Jeon Jungkook help... me?"

"Taehyung, I think we better move out from here before Mr. Den come back" I pressed my lips into a thin line and  gave him a nod and we went to the window from were we entered.
Jungkook and I jumped from the edge of window and as soon as we did within fraction of a  second all the windows and doors fell shut with a steel rod came out of each side.